3 of my kids tried out for and performed in our Stake play called "Be Strong and of Good Courage". It was performed on June 17 and 18. Madison played the part of Bodil Mortensen -a child that was on her own from England?? and didn't speak English very well. She ended up dying on the trail. Kenzie played the part of Debra Barnes and also an angel. She died as well. Austin played a couple of parts- James Mellor and also a rescuer. The play was taken from an actual diary and it was so well done. It was about the Willie Martin Handcart company and the trials they dealt with. We all shed many tears while we watched it.
There was one part when they were crossing the Rocky Ridge and the members of the handcart company were wondering how they were going to make it. They were dressed in rags and low on food. Many were dying or had died. Then these angels come onto the stage (one of them being Kenzie) and help the pioneers cross the mountain. What an amazing scene. Everytime I think of that I get teary eyed. It was such a great play. The songs were well done and all of the cast sang so well!!
Here are my cute girls before the play!
There is a movie that just came out called "17 Miracles" that is the same story as this play. We went and watched it and enjoyed seeing the characters that my kids played. All of my kids loved the movie and I think we all cried while watching that too!





1 comment:
Oh I would have loved to watch this play - it sounds like a good one! I am reading the book Fire of the Covenant about a lot of the same people!
Post a Comment