Tuesday, July 7, 2009

No Boys!!

We had a different 4th of July this year. On Friday, we took the boys over to Bear Lake so they could spend a week at Grandma and Grandpa Pugmire's house. They were so excited to go and be able to work on the farm, ride horses and 4-wheelers and everything else that comes with being at Grandparents house. We didn't stay long in Bear Lake though. We had to hurry back Saturday to be to a baptism and a neighborhood 4th of July party. We got a late start on Saturday and only made it to the dinner. It was fun but a little different without the boys. The Hallberg's throw a good party and the food was great. The fireworks were a little different with our neighbors down the street being gone. They always provide a nice show with all of their illegal fireworks. Our backyard neighbors put on a great show though. It was midnight when they finished and they put out ALOT of money for their fireworks.

I haven't cried yet with my boys being gone. I hope that they miss me a little bit this week. They did tell Dad 'I Love You' and didn't say that to me when I talked to them. Darn those boys! I don't have a very crazy week this week and so I thought that I wouldn't miss them. Well, late Saturday night I realized that Justin had a meeting at 6:30 am Sunday morning and I had one at 7:30 am. My boys usually babysit for us and I didn't know what we were going to do. We decided that Justin would hurry home as close to 7:30 as possible and I'd go late to my meeting. It all worked out but it was a little crazy. Tonight I ended up with 2 meetings and no babysitter again. It all worked out though and I'm learning quickly how much I rely on my boys to help out. Alan and Peggy did tell us tonight that the boys have been a great help the last 2 days and haven't done much complaining. They got to go hang out at Uncle Tyler's house tonight and ride horses. They also get to go camping this Friday night. I don't know if they'll want to come home this weekend. They might be having too much fun.

These pictures were taken Friday night at Pugmire's house. I'm not a huge fan of horses but Justin thinks we need a few hundred of them.
Mayci was ok on the horse with dad. She is not a fan of riding by herself.

This would be me on a horse. A little skiddish. Not so sure about the animal that is under me.


Kenzie acts like it's no big deal. She'll end up being our rodeo queen or something like that!


Madison doesn't do bad with the horses either.


So, what are we doing without 2 boys in our house? Being silly girls. Madison picked out Mayci's pj's Sunday night and decided she should wear the same thing that she was wearing. Then Kenzie had to have the same pj's too. Kind of silly if you ask me. We hung out Monday with not much planned. Today we made it to Settler's Park again and hit free lunch. The girls washed their bikes and we have some fun stuff planned the rest of the week. There haven't been many arguements this week but the girls still know how to fight. They also bug Mayci way too much. She screams everytime they come near and she's managed to fall off furniture about 4 or 5 times in the last 2 days. One of the things being her bed. Don't know how she fell out of her bed but she did. I hope she survives this week with her sisters.

No comments: