Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Live Like You Believe

Our Young Women had camp on July 5-8 this summer. I was only able to go to camp for half of the 5th and most of the 6th. When I arrived, the girls were getting ready for dinner and skits that evening. All of the leaders did a skit as well. We had a hippie, a nose flicker (the one to the left of me), a bear hunter, a preacher, a baker, a farmer, a grave digger and a beautician! I think the skits turned out wonderful!
After dinner and skits, we sang songs around the fire and then we played a few games. We had a neat fireside with Bro. and Sister Passey where they talked about the constellations. It was the most perfect weather! The sky was so clear as well so it was fun to hear what they had to say about the stars and I learned a few things as well!

The next morning we all got up and got breakfast ready and packed our lunches for our hikes. We had 2 different hikes available to the girls. One was about 4 or 5 miles that ended at some waterfalls. The other one was Devil's Staircase and it was about 6 miles or so. I chose to do that one and it was so beautiful! It actually wasn't bad until the last 1 mile and then it was pretty much just like walking up some stairs. We all had to stop and rest every couple of feet. Even the girls! Not just the leaders!

Here we are just before we started the trail:
Becca, Taylor, Cassie, Jaycee, Alyssa, Bro. Willis, Me, Matasia, Sister Hale, Sister Neeser.

We found this big rock about 3/4 of a mile into the hike!

We spotted this moose right by the trail in an open area. As we walked toward it, it headed over to some trees. We worried about a mother being in the area but we never saw any other signs of wildlife! I didn't mind though, since we were in bear territory!

Just before we head up the staircase!

Almost at the top of the staircase! It was so beautiful up there!





I think everyone was a little tired after we ate lunch!

Notice the snow? That made for some fun snowball fights after lunch and on the way back to camp.
Next year will be just as much fun, I'm sure! We have amazing girls in our ward and I'm lucky to be a leader to these girls. They have taught me more than I've taught them. They all definitely Live Like They Believe!!

No comments: