Austin joined the choir at the elementary school here. I think it's great that he loves to sing. I don't have to ask him to. He even goes to ward choir practice. He just decided to start going to ward choir on his own. I never went in Kuna with him. He'd go every week and loved it. I figured once we moved that he'd want to get involved again. He did and he's had so much fun. I will admit, he isn't the greatest singer in the world. He can follow really well and maybe with work, he could sing a solo one day. For now, we love going to his concerts and listening to the fun music.

Masen and Austin, just after their concert the other night. Masen is a pretty cool kid!

Imagine that. Austin on the top row! I had Braydon taking pictures for me and of course, they are all blurry! I'm going to have to teach him how to take a picture so we don't have blurry faces.

Here's the whole choir. This concert was Monday, December 21. They sang some fun songs and one or two of them even made me cry a little! I love Christmas music!

This is how Mayci was at the concert! She actually got really silly at one point. I had her on my lap and she wanted to get on her own chair. I let her stand on the one next to me and she started to dance on it. I worried that she would fall off so I put her on the floor to dance. She grabbed my hands and wanted me to dance with her. She had her head swaying left to right as she was hopping up and down. We had everyone by us start laughing and we got a little crazy for a minute. She just couldn't contain herself though. She was moved by the music and I don't blame her. I wanted to get up and dance along too!
Austin had another concert on December 4. This one was very neat. They got to sing down on a pier in IF. They all wore the Santa hats like Austin has on and they stood on the end of the pier. There were warmers all over the pier so we could stay a little warm. Right by the pier there were some vendors out and also a sleigh that was giving rides to everyone around the shops that were nearby. There were characters there- The Grinch being one of them- that you could have your picture taken with. We didn't get any of those due to it being so cold!

Austin and Tremaine just before the concert started.

Dad and Mayci all bundled up for the cold concert! Mayci did really good. She loves to be outside and doesn't complain, even if it is only 10 or 15 degrees outside.

Austin was standing right under one of the warmers. The kids all sang really well. They even had good smiles for it being so cold! I think they were just excited about the neat place they got to sing at!

Dad and the girls!

Braydon was staying the night at a friends house and didn't get to come to this concert. That's why we don't have pics of him.

They had lots of trees lite up all over the pier. It wasn't quite Temple Square but it still had that magical feel about it. It was a great way to get us into the Christmas spirit!
1 comment:
Sounds like fun! I'm so glad that the kids are settling in and making friends and getting involved! I.F. is lucky to have you!! We miss you guys here, though!! Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment