Friday, February 4, 2011

Do you DARE?

You're looking at a DARE graduate. He's kind of handsome, isn't he??
The 5th graders at our elementary school have the opportunity to participate in the DARE program and Braydon decided to do it. His graduation was on January 4th and we all went to celebrate with him.
They had a couple of songs, performed by the kids. They then had some essay winners read their essays. They showed a really well done video of the kids and what they did during the DARE program. After handing out the graduation papers, 4 of the officers put on a concert for the kids. You'd think they were the luckiest kids around. Braydon kept saying that he had front row seats to a rock concert. I will admit, the officers did sound pretty good. They had my kids rocking out in their seats.
(Braydon is top row, 2 to the right from the tall girl in the middle)
I love that my kids get involved and I hope they continue to have a love for being involved in good activities and friends. They are off to a good start so far. I just hope I can keep up with all of them!

No comments: