Monday, February 14, 2011

Snow + 8 kids = fUn

A few weeks ago we had the chance to go play in the snow for a little bit. It all started with Justin and his brother, Tyler, planning a snomobiling trip up in the Ashton/Yellowstone area. Tyler showed up to our house on Friday night and then Saturday morning we took all of the kids up to Ashton and spent about 1 hour riding around on the sleds.
We bundled everyone up good and took turns riding around either on the sleds or towed behind on a tube or a queen sized mattress. The kids loved it!!
Yes, I got on a snowmobile! I only drove it around for about 4 minutes and went very slow. No crazy driving for me. Just around in a field. That was enough to give me 1 or 2 contractions so I chose to stop and go sit in the van with those kids that got cold!
This mattress was so much fun! The girls ended up LOVING this and wished they could have ridden longer than they did.
The boys each spent most of the time driving and they were pretty much in heaven! They decided that we really need to buy our own sleds so that they could drive more often.
Braydon and Haydee
Mayci sure loves spending time outside! She also loves doing anything her dad is doing!
Austin (not the best picture)
Tyler and 2 of his girls, Tyla and Braylyn. They didn't last very long out in the cold. I don't blame them.
After giving the kids some time on the sleds, Justin and Tyler left with some friends and spent the rest of the day sledding. They rode pretty hard too! It was a good thing I was pregnant and couldn't go with them. I would have been left at the bottom of the hill for sure. It was an all out 'Boy Ride Only' kind of ride. Justin even flew off over a hill and did a superman as he went over and down the other side. He landed pretty hard, hitting his ribs as he landed. He's been bruised for the past 2 weeks.
I was lucky enough to bring home 8 kids and spend the day with all of them. Once we got some hot chocolate and made it home, I put all of them to work doing chores. We got chores done and spent the day playing and putting a puzzle together. We made up soup and breadsticks for dinner and got all the girls into a bath.
These girls did a great job playing with each other and it's so fun to see them interact with each other. Haydee was a great helper while we did chores. I watched her and Kenzie empty garbages and pick up lots of messes without any complaints. I need to have 8 kids in my house everyday that we do chores.
Braylyn, Madison, Mayci, Kenzie, Haydee and Tyla- all with their blankets.

No comments: