This was day #2 of the injury! He pulled off his own bandage. It didn't quite come off so they had to soak it off. He is so stinkin' tuff! I was a little light headed watching him take off the wrap he had on!I think we like to make church interesting for our kids. At least make it so they'll remember the lessons they are taught! This weeks' lesson is how to sit on a folding chair. Austin isn't the most quiet, laid back kind of kid. He has a hard time sitting still for too long. He doesn't have ADD or anything. well, in his Sunday School class he was sitting with his hands in the little hole in the side of the folding chairs. He leaned forward in the chair and it collapsed on him. The chair folded right up and he immediately pulled his one hand out. When it came out, the chair cut his finger and tore the fingernail off pretty much. It cut the finger pretty deep. The other hand just had skin roughed up a little on one finger. I was conducting in Primary at the time and I had a guy in the hall trying to get my attention. He went and found Justin and once I was done conducting, hurried out to see what the commotion was about. I didn't know it was with my own kid. So, Brother Fletcher and Justin were in the bathroom with Austin trying to control blood and keep him calm. Austin kept trying to throw up. I told Justin he needs to just take him to the hospital so we didn't have to worry about it all day. They got in and the dr. took xrays. They found out the finger is broken at the tip. He ended up with 3 stiches in the nailbed and 2 on the side of the finger. Austin was one tough dude. I guess the dr had to try and numb his finger 3 times before he couldn't feel anything. The Dr. couldn't believe it. Austin only had a little pain reliever just before bed and he slept all night. This morning he was sore and I took him so medicine during school. He acts like it's not too bad. He did play tether ball with one hand today after school and he's even tried playing the piano- just without the one finger! Oh, Austin did get permission to flip off the xray tech. She told him this was the only time he'd have permission to do so in his life! He thought that was funny! So, we'll see how the finger turns out! We'll keep you posted! Hopefully Austin listened in church this time to his lesson!





2 comments:
OUCH!!! I always miss the exciting Sundays!
Don't feel bad Ris those pictures make me a little lightheaded and I am a nurse. Yoiu guys do all the exciting stuff on Sundays.
Post a Comment