Mayci and Hunter meeting for the 1st time! Only 2 weeks apart in age
A few pics from our busy Sunday! That's my dad with his 2 new granddaughters.What a fun weekend we had! We had Aunt Wendy fly in from Cali on Thursday night and Justin's parents and brother Tyler & family came on Thursday also. Friday the boys spent the day working on our sprinklers and tilling up the soon to be garden and flower beds. Friday night my sister Brittany & her family came. Amber & her family came that night also. That was the first time we got to see Kaylee and Hunter. It was so fun to have 3 babies in the house! Glad that only one was mine. Kaylee is about 6 weeks older than Mayci (& doesn't look like she is that much older. She's very petite!). Hunter was born 2 weeks after Mayci and they look a little more the same age. We had everyone up for the blessing of Mayci and Hunter. It was wonderful to have the chance to bless both babies on the same day, same ward. That made it easier for the family to make it to both without having to put gas in the vehicles twice!!! Saturday, we all spent the day playing. Our primary had an activity in the afternoon and then that night the boys and the dad's all went to the Meridian Speedway races. I think the adults had a blast. The kids actually liked all the crashes! The rest of us just hung out and took it easy. My parents and brothers came on Saturday afternoon and it was so fun to have so many people around. I missed having my sister Tiffany here but we did get to spend time with her in April! Mayci started getting a cold about Tuesday of last week and by Thursday it was pretty nasty. Saturday she started acting a little more normal and Sunday she was fine. She must have know it was her day. Well, I ended up feeling terrible Saturday night and Sunday morning I wanted to just stay curled up in bed. My ears hurt, my throat was sore and I could barely swallow. My head ached and I started feeling achey like I had the flu. Well, with it being Mother's Day and all I could have chosen to take the day off. I couldn't though. I had a house full of people coming & not just my family or Justin's family. With Hunter's blessing we had some of the Henderson family there as well. Let's just say that it was a wonderful day and I did get to take almost a 2 hour nap after church. My wonderful husband, kids and sister-in-law, Wendy, cleaned up the party fun! I won't complain- it was a Mother's day to remember! We blessed our 5th child and it was wonderful!!
Just a side note- I'm kinda proud of myself! I made Mayci's blessing dress all by myself. No phone calls to mom except to ask about fabric to buy. I did all the sewing myself! I'll try and find time to get pics on here of her dress and a better hairdo of Mayci.





No comments:
Post a Comment