Monday, October 4, 2010

A Different Look on Life

Being pregnant causes me to be a bit more emotional than I normally am. I'm the type that gets emotional over a commercial. Right now though, my emotions are at a high.

My good friend in Kuna is experiencing more than she should have to right now. Her husband had a stroke on Friday night and they are playing the waiting game right now. Last night they took him in for surgery to relieve some swelling in his brain but they won't know the outcome for awhile. I feel helpless. I also can't imagine going through this same experience myself. There's no guarantee. It could happen to anyone. Your life could change at any moment.

Justin and I were both a little emotional as we prayed last night and headed to bed. The kids were even a little emotional as well. Hopefully enough prayers will be the help that they need at this time. This has made Pres. Monson's talk yesterday at conference on Gratitude make me stop and look differently at my life.

I truly am grateful for everything in my life. The good and even the not so good.

Mark and Kim- You are in our prayers!!!

2 comments:

The Hammers said...

My Uncle, who is way too young and healthy to have a stroke, just had a stroke last week. I am so sorry you are dealing with this. It's hard to know that we are mortal sometimes. Be strong. I really feel like the prayers are what brought him home. Let me know if you need anything.

Rigby Gang said...

That is so true life can change in a blink of an eye. Jaren recently was in an accident and should have died but he didn't. And I will ever be so grateful to my Heavenly Father for that. We just have to know that He has a different plan for everyone of us, and we just have to be good with it.