Monday, September 27, 2010

Secret Revealed

I found what makes a girl tick. New clothes.

This girl is no different than any other, I'm sure. I found a skirt pattern and thought it would be so cute to make it up for my girls. I also had the idea to use it for a Young Women activity. The problem is, the skirt pattern is only for sizes 4-8 for girls. I'm pretty positive that I can figure out how to make it work and get a pattern made up to make it for the Young Women though. I'll just have to experiment this week.

Saturday the girls and I went and picked out material. I started at about 3:30 pm on Saturday and stopped at 4:45 (I had to go to the Women's Broadcast that evening.) I came home and finished the skirt up in about another 1/2 hour. It would have been less but I messed up on the sash part and had to unstitch it.

Now I know how to put it together and it shouldn't take me long to put one together for the other girls.

This morning I asked Mayci if I could take a picture of her with her new skirt on. She got so excited and talked about being a princess and so pretty. We decided to go out on the front porch and Mayci started posing like she had been posing her whole life! It was pretty fun to watch her personality come out, all because of a new skirt!
(Mayci did not have this smile most of the morning. She spent most of the morning whining and she wasn't feeling good over the weekend due to an earache. After putting her skirt on, she was a completely different little girl!!)


Funny how new clothes will change a girls outlook on things!!

6 comments:

Jamie H. said...

So cute....Mayci AND the skirt! Wanna make me one?? lol
You are so talented. What can you NOT do???

Brittany said...

Good job on all the posts!!! What cute pictures of Mayci! She is SOOOO cute! And cute skirts...maybe we can plan a weekend to get together and you can help me make one for Kaylee!

I am also glad you got to visit Grandma! Glad she is doing well!
Love the picture of M & M sleeping...hilarious!!!

Melissa Durtschi said...

I LOVE IT (I mean her smile)!!!! The skirt is super cute too...Any chance you could help me do some for Taylor? She LOVES to wear skirts but we have a hard time finding any long enough. I DO LOVE IT!!!!

David & Heidi said...

I love all of it!! She is so big and I want a skirt just like it. So when/if you figure out how to make them bigger, I would love to take a stab at it.

Unknown said...

She's so cute! And, I love the skirt.

A said...

Not only is the skirt darling but the model is pretty dang cute too.