Monday, September 6, 2010

Lovin' Football

We are into that fun season again. I actually love going to watch my boys play sports. They are both good at what they play. This year, Austin isn't playing. His arm wasn't quite healed completely to let him play. He has been very sad about that. It was killing him that first week or so that Braydon went to practice and got his pads.

Braydon has a very good coach. He isn't a screamer and has done a good job teaching the boys LOTS of plays. He does a good job getting each kid a chance to play but he also believes that if you work hard and prove yourself, you'll have more playing time. Each kid has to earn their spot on the field. Braydon is learning that he can't slack off or some other kid will be playing where he wants to play.

Braydon is the teams kicker and he does a good job with that. He spends time playing on both defense and offense for most of the game. He loves to tackle other players and I squirm everytime he does. I hope that we don't have any injuries this season.

Braydon had his first real scrimage on Saturday, August 21. It was a jamboree and he played 2 games that morning. His first real game was Saturday, August 28. They won 30-0. The next game they won 54-6. They really are a good game and play well with each other.
Braydon is the only green shirt in this first picture. His # is 66.
Braydon is the far right player.

My silly Madison!

Grandma Brower came to watch his games. After the games, she took Madison and Kenzie school clothes shopping. It was a fun day with Grandma!!!

I've decided it's pointless to do your hair if you live in Idaho Falls. The wind blows so much and it doesn't take long for your hair to look like a disaster!
Should be a fun season if the boys play as well as they have the last couple of times!

1 comment:

Anne said...

I couldn't agree more with you about the wind there. My niece just got dropped off at BYU-Idaho and that is one of the things I told her was that the wind never stops blowing!