Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Birthday Fun

How old is he???

We celebrated the 36th birthday of one amazing guy yesterday! My best friend and the world's best dad, Justin, turned a young 36 years on September 13!!! We didn't have big plans for his day since my pregnancy is very unpredictable. Justin and I actually went out for dinner on Saturday night and tried to do some shopping for him. We only made it through about 3 stores before I was exhausted and wanted to go home and go to bed.


Yesterday for lunch, Mayci, Austin and I met Justin in town and went to lunch at Applebee's (the other kids were in school. This would be one advantage of Austin doing online school). We enjoyed watching our silly Mayci and her fun personality while we waited for our lunch to come out. She was very excited about the chocolate milk she was given for a drink. She loved the straw that came with it also.
I actually didn't feel too yucky for lunch. After lunch, my belly didn't agree with anything the rest of the day. It's amazing how good something sounds and then after you eat it, it doesn't taste good at all!

We have 2 creative girls in our family. Madison and Kenzie got right to work on Saturday making all sorts of things that they could give to Justin for his birthday. I think they had about 6 things each that they made for him. One of the things being this beautiful crown that they had him wear that evening before dinner-
I think he had about 3 cards from each of the girls. They were actually pretty silly cards. Most of them talked about him being OLD! I don't think 36 is that old. Especially since I'm only 2 years behind him!
After dinner, the kids really wanted Justin to go bounce them out on the trampoline. They think that is the best thing ever. It's quite the workout for Justin.
The kids like to see who can get up in the air the highest! Kenzie is pretty dramatic when she gets bounced!

I asked Braydon to turn to face me when he jumped so I could get his face when he went up in the air. This is the crazy face I got!! That's Braydon for you!
Mayci loves to get in on the action also. We can't bounce her the same way we bounce the other kids. She settled for being on Justin's shoulders while he jumped for a bit.
We finished the night off with 'Better-than-anything' cake and icecream. Sorry, no pictures. I was lucky to get the cake and icecream served and still keep dinner down. It was a fun day and the kids loved spending some time with the world's greatest dad!
We love you Justin!!!

4 comments:

Anne said...

Love the crown! Happy birthday Justin.

Brookie said...

happy birthday justin!! i loved being bounced by my dad when i was a little girl! fun memories:)

Bunnell's said...

You guys always have so much fun! BY THE WAY CONGRATS...I am so excited for you! Miss ya lady!!!

Camille said...

i had no idea our husbands were only 2 months apart. we are married to a bunch of old men! hahahaha
congratulations i am so excited for you to have another one! yea!!!!!