I had requested very little for my birthday. I really didn't want to cook at all for my birthday. I wanted eggs, sausage and hashbrowns for breakfast. The problem with that, Mayci was up before everyone (except Justin, he had already gone to work early) and she really wanted breakfast when she got up. I was hungry and wasn't going to wait for the kids to get up and make me something. They had the day off of school. So, I had cereal with Mayci. Not a big deal though. I like cereal. One problem though, we didn't have enough milk for everyone so we had to run to the gas station in town and pay almost $4 for a gallon of milk. No biggie though!
With no milk in the house, I realized I probably needed other groceries as well. I did and decided I could maybe go into town and have lunch with Justin and then get groceries. I took to long to get ready that day and wasn't in a huge hurry to do much that day. So, I made egg sandwiches for lunch and after lunch headed into town. I took only Mayci and Austin. I had to renew my license as well that day and it took way too long to get that done! I thought it would have been fun to take all the kids in and watch a movie as well. The problem was the times of the shows. We had too much going on that night to fit everything in that day.
After getting groceries, we came home, hurried to get kids fed and groceries put away. Then got Braydon to football practice, find a ride for Austin to make it to his Merit Badge Scramble and got the 2 older girls settled for the evening. We took Mayci with us to dinner. We went to Winger's since not much else sounded good to me (oh, the joys of pregnancy!) After dinner we stopped at Coldstone and got a big thing of icecream to take home to the kids.
The kids all went to bed around 9 or 9:30pm and that was how my birthday went! Mostly, a normal day for a 34 year old mom of 5, right? Well, my kids had different ideas for my birthday. About 1am, Madison started to throw up. She went on for about 1 hour or so. Then McKenzie thought she'd join the fun. At this point, I was thinking they had too much icecream and had cookies that a good friend had brought to me for my b-day. I couldn't help out much without wanting to throwup myself. So, I gave loving reassurances from my room and Justin helped out with them as well.
By 3:30 am, the two girls had calmed down for a bit. Around 6 am, Braydon came and told me he wasn't feeling well. He ran into the bathroom to throwup and had to step over the 2 girls that had made a bed on the bathroom floor. I rolled over and saw the scene and I wish I had had the strength to get out of bed to get my camera and take a picture. It made me laugh and I knew right then and there that it would be a great day!
Those 3 spent the morning doing this:
Justin came home with 2 Redbox movies and we just spent the evening being lazy. It was around 9pm when I got what the kids had and spent some time throwing up as well. It turned out to be a long night again. No one else threw up that night but oh, was I tired!
The next day my parents came up to help out with a program that I was in charge of for the High Priest party. My mom really wanted to bring me a cake for my birthday but a cake just didn't sound good. I told her that what would make my day was some icecream. They stopped at Reed's Dairy on their way to our house and picked up some Gavin's Mess for me! Not just a little either.
I think this is 4 gallons worth!!!





2 comments:
Oh my gosh!!! That box of ice cream looks absolutely DELICIOUS!! I think we might have to hit up Reed's dairy for some Gavin's mess as well!! Sorry you weren't feeling well!!! (and the whole family) But you're a trooper!!
So So sorry Marissa!
Post a Comment