I'm either bored or plain crazy. I've been slacking in a few areas of my life lately. Blogging being one of the areas. I do have plenty of good excuses though. Justin started a second job at Home Depot about 4 weeks ago. He now goes to work at 7:30 am and returns home at 12:30 am. No, we don't see him at all, Monday-Friday. 2 of those weekends, he worked a full day Saturday trying to get some bids finished up. So we got to see him on Sundays. I've tried to keep myself busy so that I don't notice how much we don't see him. 2 weekends ago we had our end of school year piano recital. I was hoping to do it in one night but had some conflicts and ended up doing 2 nights of piano recitals. We did half on Thursday night and the other half on Friday night. Braydon only had one baseball game that week which didn't make the week so crazy.
All of my kids, except Madison, played both nights in the recital. All of my students did wonderful and we somehow managed to get both recitals done without Justin being there for either of them. I didn't think I'd make it on my own for those but we did. I had to threaten the kids to either help or don't come home. (The kids actually did help out quite a bit.)
Then that same weekend, on Saturday, we had a ward/Primary activity. We did a dinner and a talent show. I was in charge of the talent show part of it. I thought it turned out really good. (I almost forgot to get the big bags of popcorn for the kids to eat during the show. I had to run very fast to get it Friday before they closed and before my recital. I wasn't very put together for those few days!)
I made my kids perform a song that I had done with my own siblings and mom and dad. We started out with 4 of my kids and found out that Braydon had a game at the same time as the talent show that night. So, again, Justin didn't get to see us perform. He took Braydon to the baseball game while I took care of the talent show. The song we did is Meal Time Bliss. We got it on video but we had some complications as we got started. We couldn't get the cd to play without skipping in one of the cd players we had to use. So, we tried another one. It wouldn't turn on. Someone had to run out to their car and get a radio they had. We finally got to perform. I'll try and get a video on here soon! I think we're going to do this for our Family Reunion Talent show this summer!
Here are the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners. Our Bishopric were our judges and we didn't want them to be very serious. They weren't either. The winners were chosen for silly things. We got 3rd for having the most technical difficulty. I think everyone had fun and it was a good night our for the families that came. We have some very talented people in our ward. It's fun to see what people are capable of doing. I can't wait for our next talent show.
The next week, Braydon had 3 games to play. Tues, Wed, and Saturday. He won all of the games that week. We also had Pack Meeting. We have the best CubMaster. He came up with this idea to make a Monkey Bridge. He let all of the kids walk across it for quite awhile. He did take a few minutes to hand out awards and teach the kids how to tie knots. I think that all of the kids got to go across 2 or 3 times. It was such a great night.
Madison was one of the first to try.
Kenzie wasn't so sure about it at first. Once she figured out that it wouldn't hurt that bad to fall, she wasn't worried anymore. Mayci was kind of hoping to get in on the action also. She got her share of walking around in that night.
It was a crazy 2 weeks and things have slowed down just a little bit. I'm a little more caught up on all that I didn't get accomplished in those 2 weeks. I did hope that with me not teaching piano lessons for the month of May that I would get so much more done. It hasn't worked out that way though. My calendar is looking just as crazy and I'm thinking our Summer is going to be about the same. No complaints though. I'm having fun chasing my kids. They're keeping me in shape and I love watching them experience life. Boy, do my kids know how to experience life.





No comments:
Post a Comment