Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

This past Saturday I had the privilege of watching a few neighbor kids while their parents went out that night. We also had 2 other friends over to play. So, we had 9 kids over at our house and boy did we have fun. We decided to take the kids to the school park to play so that my house would stay clean a little longer (I really hate cleaning all day just to watch a tornado hit the entire house in just a few minutes. Anyone else have that same problem?). We all 9 walked down there and had great fun.

These 3 girls are monkeys. They spent lots of time showing me all of the tricks they could do on the Monkey Bars. I so remember loving to play on playground equipment and seeing how many impressive things I could do on the toys. Aren't they cute? The spent some time earlier getting wet and their hair never got redone! Oh well. You're only 5 & 7 for a short time.

Mayci just LOVES to swing! She's figured out how to hold onto the swing and she loves when I lean back. She'll lean back with me and just giggle. She'd swing all day long if she could.


Here's a part of our group walking to the park. The girls where singing 'Love Story' the entire time we walked. The rest of the weekend, all of the rest of us were singing the song too. It kind of got stuck in our heads.

Sunday night we had a BBQ over at our good friends, the Halladay's. Oh, how the kids played. It was a nonstop go for all of the kids. The adults enjoyed the time they had to visit and just watch the kids wear themselves out! This picture was kind of funny. They were all just hanging out like this and we wondered what had made them stop for so long. I got a picture before they started going again.

We had so many balls flying that night. When you get that many boys together, you're bound to hear the words, "Heads up!" After a few hours of hearing those words, we told them to find something else to do. We turned around and found all of the pop cans lined up and they were watching pop cans fly off the table. What silly boys!
What would Memorial Day be without a breakfast? Our ward did a great job on the pancake breakfast and the turnout was good too! I just love the days when there is one less meal that I have to make!
That afternoon, we got a call from some great friends. They said they were heading to the lake and wondered if we wanted to go. What a silly question to ask my kids and hubby! I knew the water would be very cold but I love to ride on the boat. So, there were no complaints from any of our family.

Mayci wasn't too hip on the life jacket. The kids all jumped in and swam for a little while. They even rode on a great big 3 person tube and had so much fun!

Thanks Brian, Heidi and Janell for such a fun memory! Call us anytime!

2 comments:

Marky Mark and the Funky bunch said...

What a fun weekend! We had a blast too. I'm SO glad that our families are such great friends!!!!

Camille said...

I love all the new pictures! FUN! How is your garden doing?