Thursday, May 21, 2009

What I do all day

If you can't tell what Mayci is doing, she's cleaning my floor. Yep! You heard right. I obviously don't do floors since I have my 1 year old doing them. (hee, hee)

This was the funniest thing to see the other day. Mayci found where I keep all of my kitchen rags and decided to pull them all out of the drawer. We had a good pile of towels and rags all over the kitchen floor. I will take a rag and spot clean my floor here and there and sometimes just use my feet on the rag to mop up the floor. When I saw Mayci on her hands and knees cleaning my floor I just started to laugh. She will spend a good 20 minutes entertaining herself with rags and go all around my floor wiping it up. I need to start giving her wet rags and letting her really go to town with the cleaning thing. (How young is too young to start teaching her to clean the bathroom?)

Kenzie found our bucket full of playdough a week or 2 ago. I'm not a big fan of playdough due to the big mess it leaves after my kids are done. They had a great time with it for about 1 week though. It came out everyday and they spent hours making stuff with it. Kenzie thought it was fun to cut out a bunch of shapes and put them on cookie sheets. She'd then pretend to cook them up and serve me cookies. I just love being home with my kids and seeing them play and use their imagination.
Here is the bucket that the playdough was in. Mayci got a kick out of this box and had fun with all of the playdough containers. She would try and stack them or line them up all over the kitchen floor. Once she found out she could fit in this bucket, she took it all over the house and sat in it in different places. It makes me wonder why anyone ever buys toys for kids. My kids always liked to play with everything BUT the toys. Mayci gets a kick out of making a mess and having me ask her to pick it up. She tries hard to get my attention once she's made a mess. Once I see what she has done, I ask her to help pick it up and she must like the compliments I give her when she helps me pick up a mess. She smiles really big with each thing she picks up and puts away and then claps and squeals when we both clean up.


I wouldn't trade being a stay at home mom for anything. Yes, it's tough with Justin working Monday -Friday 7 am-Midnight every week. I am very tired, all of the time. It's still worth it. I love to see my kids grow and smile. I love how they hug me when they come home from school. I love to hold Mayci when she isn't feeling good or just tired. I love the smells they have. Especially summer smells. Sunscreen. Grass. Water. (No, I don't like the many loads of laundry that come with summer smells but I know that they had fun if I have that much laundry to do).

So, I really don't do much all day. I'm a mom of 5 kids. My own to do list rarely gets touched. No complaints though. My kids will know that they had a mom who loves them very much and would do anything for them. That will come from a lifetime of me-doing-nothing-days. I can handle that!

5 comments:

Matt, Nat, Hallie & Gracelyn said...

Oh she has gotten so big and it sounds like her personality is just as big how fun we are really excited about the upcoming vacation.

Heidi said...

I love you how you said that Mayci was stacking and lining things up...just like her papa!!! You are an incredible Mom and I know that your kids will always be appreciative of what you do for them! I love you!

Brittany said...

What a good little help you have! She is so cute!! I think all of your kids got an early start! I am a true believer in starting them young! :)

Brittany said...

What a good little help you have! She is so cute!! I think all of your kids got an early start! I am a true believer in starting them young! :)

Marky Mark and the Funky bunch said...

Mayci is too darling! Do you think she would come do my floors?