Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Excitement

Last week, the 5th grader's had their program and they did such a great job. I should have taken a picture of the backdrop. The play they did was The Princeless Princess. It was a fun little play. Ms. Burr does such a great job with all of the kids and getting all of them to participate. Austin had a few lines in the play and he also got to play his recorder. It was so fun and even Mayci sat very still the entire play. Great job Austin!
This is Austin with his good friend, Grant. It's weird to think that they are in 5th grade. (They had the 'TALK'- actually video- last week in school. Austin was kind of excited to think he could start wearing deodorant and the first thing he told me was now he knows why he's so moody! I just laughed. I wasn't excited at all to talk about the growing up things with my mom. Here's Austin talking to me about things I never imagined talking to him about. I hope we are still able to talk like this when he gets older. I think it helps that we had 'THE TALK' with him about 2 years ago. As scary as it was for us as parents, I'm glad that we had a chance to talk to him and that he feels he can talk to us now.)

OK. New subject. This would be Madison. Yes, it's her mouth again. I got a call last Thursday from the school and they told me that Madison had gotten hurt during lunch recess. She was walking into the school as a boy came running out. They collided and she got a fat lip and her top two teeth bumped loose. She was a tough cookie though and didn't cry. She waited patiently until I could come and get her. When I got to her, she didn't look very bad. It was red and her teeth and gums didn't look good. The office gals told me that the other kid had a good bump on his head and was not as tough as Madison.

This picture was taken the next day. Her lip was extremely BLACK & BLUE!!! I couldn't believe how much of her lip was colored. The day before, it didn't even look very bad. One of her front teeth are turning gray since it was bumped. It will be gray until she looses it. Poor kid!


She was such a trooper and didn't complain very much. She's doing much better now and we haven't seen much more progress on the tooth getting more loose. It might be awhile before she looses the tooth.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Sarah had a mishap with her front teeth about 8 months ago and one of them turned gray because of it. It bothered me more than her and after bumping it a few more times these past 6 months, it got loose and fell out.

Madison must be one tough cookie because her lip looks like the collision hurt!!