Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A day with 1st Graders


Ryann, Mrs. Brooks and Madison at the end of their field trip. Madison has such a great teacher!

I had such a fun day with Madison. She had a field trip on Friday and it was a walking field trip around Kuna. Since the school district doesn't have tons of money, all of the classes haven't been allowed any field trips this year. They did say that the kids could do a walking field trip though. So, I volunteered to go help out. I took Mayci with me and we got in lots of walking that day. Mayci got a good nap in during the morning and was good the rest of the time. We got to go to the Library, the newspaper office, post office, city park and the Fire Station. All of the 1st Graders had a great time and they were all so good. There are hardly any rowdy kids in the group that went with us and they all got along so good. I enjoyed my day hanging out with 2 of my girls. I feel bad that I didn't work it out for Kenzie to sluff school and come with us. Maybe next time.

This was Madison's Buddy. Kaeden Miller. I've heard from quite a few from Madison's class that Kaeden likes Madison. He is such a cute kid and kind of cute too.


We both took a minute to get a picture of us on the back of the fire truck. It started to get warm at the fire station and Madison had found some shade behind the truck.


Madison and Mayci, hanging out at the Fire Station.


Madison and Ryann posing by the fire truck. This was the end of the field trip and the fire station wasn't as cool as it should have been. We did have to wait for the firemen to return from a call they had to go to just a few minutes before we showed up. While we waited, the Fire Chief showed a video and talked to the kids about fire and safety. You could tell the kids were getting tired.

It was a fun day and I'm glad that Madison let me come along with her. It's fun to see her with her friends and what she's like around her friends from school. Madison has loved going to school and hated when she has to miss a day of school. She always comes home and goes on and on about how much fun she had and all the stuff they got to do. I don't recall any times that she's come home and told me that school was boring.

One time she came home and said, "I just can't stop thinking about it!!" I asked her what she couldn't stop thinking about and this was her reply. "Math. It's so much fun. We learned how to do take away with 2 digit numbers and they are just soooooooo much funnnnnn!!!! I can't stop thinking about it".

She truly loves everything about life and lives it fully. She is always excited about something and her excitement doesn't go away easily. I need to learn to be excited about all that I do, just as Madison is able to be so full of excitement. I'm glad to be her mom!

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Wow, you HAVE had a busy month so far!! And you still found time to run? Wow! Congrats on your 5k!! That is fantastic! Can't wait to see you guys next week at Chris' Graduation! Oh, and thanks for updating your blog, I have missed seeing new posts lately!

Anne said...

That field trip was pretty fun but boy, was I tired by the time we finally made it back to the school. My feet did not forgive me for a few days. Madison is such a fun girl. Seems she always has a smile on her face!

Marky Mark and the Funky bunch said...

Great Pictures! I wish I could have come, it looked so fun!