Justin has had a couple of crazy weekends the last month and this weekend was no exception. There was a Scout Jamboral in Blackfoot Friday night and so both boys went with him and had some fun doing scout stuff. They stayed overnight and so us girls had a girly night! Kenzie had a friend stay overnight and we enjoyed some cookies and popcorn with some good movies (my girls really love 'Full House' episodes which is fine with me. I love them too!)
Saturday brought on some house cleaning and shopping. The girls helped me pick up our Bountiful Basket (we picked up a friends too which meant juggling lots of fruits and veggies!) and then we headed in to the library and got groceries afterwards. We even got the van washed and vacuumed out! We were feeling very productive.
Justin and the boys made it home around 3:30 pm and then Justin and I headed out for dinner and a movie. He asked what I wanted to do and I decided that the more the simple, the better. He wanted to take me out somewhere expensive and I opted for good and less expensive. We went to Cafe Rio and I ate every bit of my salad! It was delicious! When choosing the movie we wanted to go to, the decision was made by what time the movie started. We decided on the 7 pm show, which was 'Lightning Thief' and I loved it. It's not very much like the book but it was good. I'm liking the book better.
We were able to be home before 9:30 pm. Justin and I just laughed at ourselves for sounding so old!!! Back in the day, we would have stayed out until midnight or later, for sure. It's just nice to enjoy the sleep that doesn't come so easily! Justin told me that the kids wanted to make me breakfast in bed. I didn't think the kids wanted to get up that early though. One of the drawbacks of having 9 AM church. I got up and got myself ready and then Justin woke the kids up so they could start breakfast.
Austin made up pancakes and scrambled eggs. We had orange juice also. It was wonderful to not worry about cooking or cleaning. I just worked on getting hair done on 4 girlsand we made it to church on time!! No arguing before church either! Church, of course, was wonderful. We had 3 ladies/moms speak and they did a great job at making me cry!
Lunch was AMAZING!!! Justin did up some delicious steaks on the grill and also grilled the corn we got from our bountiful baskets! It tasted wonderful. Austin made up a Pistachio salad and Justin also did up some garlic mashed potatoes. Everything was very tempting and we all stufffed ourselves silly!!!
I got a NAP!!!!!!! There were lots of things I could have done but I decided a nap sounded the best. The kids all willingly played games with me for a few hours. I could tell that they weren't crazy about most of the games but they played anyway.
Dinner- was simple but it hit the spot! Bagels (from Winco) with cream cheese. We also had watermelon, cantelope, and honeydew (all from our BB). We finished dinner off with brownies that Austin made and icecream! Who could ask for anything better???
I was thoroughly spoiled! No fighting happened all day. No one would let me help in the kitchen. The house stayed clean. It was perfect! I love being a mom and a wife. I can't remember what my life was like before being a wife and a mom. My kids aren't perfect but they love me, strengths AND weaknesses. The memories that are being created each day make me stop and wonder how my life could get better. Then I wake up the next morning and realize it gets better every day!
I was invited to a Muffins with Mom at school with McKenzie. Her class recited a poem and then we got to read 2 books together. Kenzie read 1 and I read the other. Then the kids served their mom a muffin and some milk. I did good and didn't cry, but I could have easily done so. Just watching McKenzie act so grown up made me get a little emotional!





2 comments:
Kudos to J and the kids givin such a great day!!!
Oh your posts make me miss you and your family!!! My hope is that this summer when we visit Ron, we can meet up! I would so enjoy that! I look at my quilt every day (It is hanging beautifully in my classroom! I wanted to keep it at home but it just seemed like it belonged there.) and think of you all! Please give the girls a hug for me!
Post a Comment