I decided to create some incentive!
I told Madison that she could reach 50 points very easily. She is a great reader and very capable of getting 50 points before the deadline. I told her that for every 5 books she reads, I would buy her some type of craft/art supply.
Her first choice: 120 crayons!
With Justin gone to Boise this past weekend, Austin gone to SLC for the weekend with a friend and Braydon at baseball practice- it was just the girls. We decided to try out Madison's new crayons and do some coloring. Madison was nice enough to share. It was hard though. She's too much like me. There's something about the look of brand new crayons- all perfectly pointed on the tips. The rows of colors and all the variety. A new box crayons always puts a smile on my face and it does the same for my girls.
Mayci and I colored some My Little Pony pages and then got silly with the camera. Mayci wanted to just scribble all over the girls' pages and so her and I tried to find other things to keep us busy.
It was a bummer to have Justin gone for the weekend but I was grateful for the box of crayons that gave us fun memories. I'm sure those crayons will give us many more memories.
I love being a mom! Not everyone gets to create memories with 3 beautiful girls all because of a reading goal. I wouldn't trade my life for anything!!





No comments:
Post a Comment