Monday, May 3, 2010

Ahh, Outdoors!

I love it when my kids can be outside. I love that last Monday we could all go to the park and play and we didn't have to worry about the wind blowing us away or the rain keeping us inside! After dinner the boys wanted to head to the park and practice batting and catching. We decided to take the whole family.

Justin found a great deal on tennis rackets (from the DI) and some tennis balls. Austin was having a hard time catching the baseballs. He's too much like me. Afraid of the ball hitting him in the face. Justin thought tennis balls would be great for him to practice with since they won't hurt as bad when he misses the ball.

The boys went out in the field and practiced catching while the girls ran around gathering up all of the balls that were missed and gave them to Justin. Even Mayci got in on the action.

I was surprised that Mayci helped for as long as she helped. She really wanted to spend her time on the swings, slide and merry-go-round.

I'm sure we'll spend lots of time at the park in the next few months. I'm glad that it's only a block away. The kids will be able to go over anytime they want. Weather permitting anyway.
For now, we'll just enjoy all of the good days that we can. (Hopefully there are many. Baseball games start tonight and go until the end of June. I don't like watching baseball in windy, rainy weather. Wish me luck on that!)

No comments: