This is what we have been doing if we aren't playing ball. Trying to help this kid out.

We went to the doctor today so he could put a cast on his arm. Austin has enjoyed trying to do things with his sling and a splint on his arm. He's gotten independent in most things he needs to do daily. I laughed as I watched Austin try and get himself a drink yesterday. He uses his good hand to hold the cup under the water dispenser and uses his forehead to push the button so the water comes out. He's taken this challenge HEAD on and done amazing.
It's fun to see all of the kids at the ballpark look at Austin and wonder/ask what happened to his arm. I have to pull my phone out often so Austin can show people the picture of his arm just after it was broken.
Speaking of pictures, here are the x-rays from the night of the accident.
Pre-setting:

Post-setting:

These are both from the same view. I was so glad to see his arm put back into the right place. After it was set, my whole body was much more relaxed. All of the worries left me!
Here's the color we went with for a cast:

We really wanted a Red, White, and Blue cast but the doctor was in a time crunch. He had to be gone just shortly after our appointment. Austin only has this cast on for 2 weeks and then we'll go back in and have a short cast put on for about 3 weeks more. We'll try and get a fun color for the next time around. Either that or have a water cast put on. They didn't have one for us today. Oh well.
Hopefully we won't have to have anymore cast color choices in the future. I've had my turn with broken bones. Someone else can experience what I've gotten to experience with my kids (boys in particular. Imagine that!!!)
1 comment:
Cody thinks that Austin's broken arm is SO COOL!! Way to be a completely amazing mom with your camera ready. Our temps have been the same way lately. Isn't it fun to live in the last days!?!? Are you headed to BL anytime soon?
Post a Comment