Thursday, October 9, 2008

30 Something

I told the kids I didn't want a cake for my birthday but Austin said he really wanted to make me a cake. I told him that I wanted a pumpkin pie instead. So, I gave him the recipe and he baked it for me! He did such a wonderful job! I was very impressed. He's going to make a great husband someday!


The kids just had to get a picture of me on my birthday (I'm still not liking my post baby body yet. It will disappear soon, right?)


This was a great surprise for me! Justin had taken me to a Jim Brickman concert for Valentine's Day about 6 or 7 years ago. I loved it! Jim is coming to Boise in December and Justin thought that I would love to go. He was right! It was fun to get these and more fun to think of the effort that Justin put forth for my birthday and thought ahead to surprise me. If you know me, you know that it's hard to surprise me. I usually figure out the surprise before hand! I love you Justin and can't wait to go spend an evening with you in December!!

I am now getting older! I never thought of myself as being in the older category until I stopped to think about just how old I really am. Other people were always over 30, not me. I did have a wonderful birthday regardless of the age! My wonderful hubby spoiled me! The day before my birthday, I ended up not feeling good at all (sinus infection) and was actually dizzy and very light headed. Mayci and Austin were sick too. So, Justin decided he better stay home and take care of us. We had to go in and get a prescription for me and we got home and he let me take a nap for about 2 hours. Uninterrupted!!! It was amazing! He had gotten me some new sheets for my birthday- they are amazing. It's funny how you don't realize how terrible something of yours is until you have something better. If I was thinking, I would have taken a picture of the sheets we had on our bed. They were at least 12 years old and such a wild color. They also had a hole at the bottom of them. So, these new sheets are wonderful- 500 thread count! Let's just say that I loved my nap even more! (It's kinda like the whole new school supply thing for me. It's weird!) Tueday was my actual birthday and I had piano lessons the whole day. Justin took all of us out for dinner as a family so I didn't have to cook! That was wonderful even though it was just Arctic Circle! I just liked that I didn't have to cook or do dishes. The kids did the dishes from earlier and Austin even made my cake (pumpkin pie). I got to end the day with a warm uninterrupted bath and more of book 2 (hee,hee) and Justin put the kids in bed! It was a great birthday and I was completely spoiled! Thank you Justin for treating me like your queen! (Can I have a birthday again next month?)

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a great day! yum! Pumpkin pie! Ben always says he'd rather have pumpkin pie than birthday cake. Give me a call if you are in town this weekend, I'd love to hold that sweet little Mayci! (see I don't get girls at my house!)

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Marisa!

Brittany said...

Hey you old lady!!! It sounds like you had a fun bday, and Good Job to Justin on the concert tickets! How thoughtful!

I am glad to hear you are enjoying the twighlight books! They are my favorite!! Call me when you get done with book #3, and let me know what you think so far! I would love to talk about them anytime!

Super cute pictures of your girls! Mayci is getting so big!

Jaymie Quigley said...

Paxton requests pies for is birthday too. Although one year I did a homemade cheesecake for him. I'm glad it was a good day for you!

Tara Mc said...

Happy birthday! Now that I think back, I called you and didn't even say anything, how rude of me. I'm so glad you had fun. I'm so excited for your Jim Brickman date- I could listen to him for a long, long time.

Melissa Durtschi said...

Happy B-Day...Your hair is getting so long and thank goodness for naps and being treated and Jim Brickman!?! Good Job Justin!!!

Anne said...

Who is Jim Brickman?