
This picture makes me laugh!!! I don't think she quite got the hang of holding a gun but at least she tried. Thank goodness Dad was helping her hold the gun. Who knows what she might have shot!
Kenzie's stance wasn't so bad. She was the one at dinner that said she didn't want to shoot a gun. I think she got the closest to the target!
Austin was so very excited about the whole gun thing. I think he thinks it will come in handy to practice shooting guns now for when he is in the CIA when he's older.
Braydon is a natural at the whole gun thing too! I just never grew up with older brothers or a dad that went hunting so this gun thing has me a little nervous at times. Even if it is just a pellet gun!
Dad was showing the boys how to load the gun and then pump it! See how interested the girls are? They brought a jump rope and spent most of the time jumping rope. They also did some exploring!
So I get a call from Justin yesterday and he asked if we had plans for FHE yet. I told him that I didn't think I had the night planned out yet and asked what was up. He told me that he wanted to take the kids to go do some target practice. The last time he said that to me, he took me up in the mountains with a big gun, a paper towel roll (all we could find at the moment) and plenty of ammo. I had never shot a gun before. I didn't really have the desire to even shoot a gun. We were just barely married though and I was trying to still keep him impressed with his wife! So, he taught me how to hold the gun and then shoot it. He did such a great job with the instructions and I actually hit the target from a good distance back. What he failed to mention is how loud it may be and that it might kick back a little. Yes, I cried! Once I had shot it, I realized how scary it was and just broke down! So, target practice to me isn't my idea of fun. So, I hesitated as he told me that he just bought a pellet gun, nothing serious. Even the girls could shoot it a time or two.
The kids were so excited to go shooting. We headed out after dinner and all the kids got their fair share of shooting in. I even took about 5 shots. It wasn't near as bad as the first time shooting. I thought it was kinda fun. The boys now are trying to figure out what they need to do to earn their own gun. At first they said they wanted one for Christmas but after shooting, I don't think they want to wait that long. We had a great night! Thanks J for taking us out shooting!
3 comments:
I am sure it was fun for your kids, but I am like you...Guns SCARE me. What is it about boys and guns? Nick is going hunting all weekend while I sit at his parents house and watch the kids...fun, huh?!?!
Paxton was trying to tell me he needed a gun for food storage. I told him that since the only deer he ever shot died because it drowned first that he did not have a legitimate argument.
Post a Comment