Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Who needs school

This chair was on a pulley system and the kids loved it! Just pull yourself up with the rope, let go and away you go!
Kenzie thought it was cool that she could even do it!
Even more cool that mom could do it too!!!
My girls LOVED this part of the discovery center. I think they played in this part for a good 30-40 minutes. There were a few girls that would put their food up on the belt to be scanned and then they'd ask whoever was at the cash register if they could get some money from them to pay for their food. I believe that's the way we should do it!
Madison managed to get about 4 or 5 cartfuls of food and put all of it on the conveyer belt. Her & Kenzie took turns ringing the food up. Such a creative place for kids. I need to have one of these in my next house. The kids would be occupied for hours!
Kenzie tried getting some exercise in. The other guy was 'DEAD' tired trying to keep up with her!!!!!
Dad & Mayci got in some play time as well. This pipe would blow the ball up and Mayci got the ball a few times.
Of course my boys would find the robots! They spent quite some time here. They would love to create their own robot. They always talk about making me a robot to clean the house so that they wouldn't have to.

For some reason, my kids get like 7 days off of school for the month of October. That first Thursday and Friday of October were there first days off. A good friend and I decided to take our kids and play for the day. We went and had a picnic at a park first. We then headed over to the Discovery Center. I'm sure that my kids could have stayed for a few more hours than we did. They have so many things in there to look at, play with, touch- everything. My kids had so much fun. Justin even got to come with us and play. My kids have the next 2 days off but I don't see us going anywhere too fun. I don't consider the dentist fun at all but who knows, maybe the kids will get a kick out of that! (It's kinda like buying gifts for your kids. Once they get the gift, they end up playing with the box instead and spend hours playing with it. That's how my kids work! They can make anything fun!) We do get to have our Halloween Recital on Friday night. It will be great. All of my students have their songs memorized and they get to wear their costumes. I'll have to post some pics afterwards. My students are really doing great!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, I agree, way to many days off in October. I don't get it. The discovery center looks fun. Hey, does it cost to go there, and how much? We will have to keep that in mind for a family activity.
Really cool idea to have a Halloween Recital. I am going to start teaching violin again, I will have to remember that idea. You have such creative and cute kids.

Unknown said...

Yes, I agree, way to many days off in October. I don't get it. The discovery center looks fun. Hey, does it cost to go there, and how much? We will have to keep that in mind for a family activity.
Really cool idea to have a Halloween Recital. I am going to start teaching violin again, I will have to remember that idea. You have such creative and cute kids.