Monday, September 21, 2009

Mom gets a Time Out

I had such a fun Time Out last weekend! No, I wasn't misbehaving. I got to attend the Time Out For Women, that was held here in Boise, on September 11 and 12. Deseret Book puts this on yearly and they bring in some amazing speakers and performers to inspire women from all backgrounds. I was lucky enough to have some really great gals come with me.

My sister, Tiffany, flew in on Friday morning and we got to spend the day shopping and talking like only sisters can. I love spending time with Tiff. She is 3 years younger than me and we always got along so great while we were growing up. (Mainly because she let me always have my way and was such a peacemaker in the family. Actually, she is so easy going that it's hard to not want to be with her.) Tiff would let me go shopping for her prom dresses, since we wore the same size, and it didn't bother her at all. She hated to shop and so she would willingly let me go try on dresses for her.
We shared a room for most of our growing up years. We would get in trouble so many times at night for talking so late. We spent lots of time picking on our younger sister, Brittany. We told her that we were suppose to pick on her because we were the older sisters. (I'm hoping we don't have that problem with my 3 girls!!!)

The theme for this year's TOFW is 'Sweet Assurance'. This was the first one that either of us have ever gone to. We both loved it. I had taken 3 packages of tissues, due to my allergies I have right now, and we used up most of them. We laughed and we cried. We're definetely going back next year.

I also got to have another good friend, Heidi, with me! I love Heidi just like a sister! I'm glad that she got to go and share such a neat experience with me!

One of the highlights of our weekend was a picture opp. with Hillary Weeks! She does an incredible job singing. She is beautiful (and we noticed that she's kind of short! Shorter than us anyway). She was one of the reasons we decided to go to Boise for TOFW. I still remember the first song of hers I ever heard. My sister-in-law, Amber, asked me to play for a missionary farewell. The song was "He Hears Me". I so love that song. I pull it out often and play it. I just don't sound the same as Hillary though.
Tiff, Heidi and I are thinking of hitting the Las Vegas one next year. I believe it's October 10-11. If anyone wants to go with us, it will be great!! That will be a true, Time Out for moms!!!!

2 comments:

Grandma Sony said...

Oh Ris, you did it again - we attended TOFW in Logan, Sept 18-19 AWESOME - and such a wonderful way to fill our cup - feels like you can tackle the world after leaving one of these things.

Heidi said...

I had so much fun with you, Tiffany and April...thank you for inviting me!