I spent so much time as a kid playing make believe with my siblings. I remember we had a boat in our front room that would take us all over the place (the boat was our piano. We had quite the imaginations. This boat would become a car too so we could go through the drive-in window and order food on our trip!) I don't remember going and doing lots away from home with my family. But I do remember spending lots of time coming up with things to do with my siblings when we were bored.
My kids are now carrying on the tradition. Sunday evening after Justin left for Idaho Falls, the kids really wanted to go out and play ball or rollerblade. I told them those weren't good Sunday activities. The next thing I know, I see them pull 4 blankets outside and they say, "Mom, this is a family activity and you told us we needed to do something as a family. So, we are!"

They started out with Mayci in the blanket as they pulled her around. She had a great time doing this. Her sense of adventure came out!

The boys told her to hang on and off they went. She would just laugh and squeal with delight. Everytime one of the others would try and get on, she would get upset and cry. It was hard for the other kids to get their turn around the yard.

The boys really wanted a turn and they were determined to both get one at the same time. The girls gave them a ride of about 1 foot in distance. They then decided that only one boy could go at a time.


McKenzie was really good at riding. Maybe she'll drive a team of horses when she's older.

I told the kids that they should pick up the other blankets and the hose so the wouldn't run over them. They said that it was the funnest part about their ride. Going over all the bumps!

Austin's ride didn't last very long. They all got tired pretty fast.

I love to see the creative side come out of my kids. It makes me smile every time!
No comments:
Post a Comment