I wouldn't call us die hard fans but we have become more interested in the team. With us living in the Boise area, it's hard to not be a fan of such a fun team to watch play football. I don't mind watching football with Justin anytime he has it on. It's more fun when it's a college team or my own kids. I've gotten better at watching more than just the QB play. I actually understand how the downs work and I'm even getting to know what a tight end really means!!!
Justin and I aren't the type right now to spend money on football game tickets. We do have 5 kids to clothe and feed and the left over money? Let's just say that doesn't happen. On Sept. 3, Justin called me while he was at work and asked if I had any plans for the night. With it being a Thursday, he never knows what I have planned but luckily my night was open. I was hoping to spend an evening getting caught up on the piles of laundry and maybe get some good reading in. The thought of going to bed early would have been nice too. Since my night was open, he asked if he could take me out on a date to the BSU game! I wasn't going to pass that up. Especially since the tickets were just given to us. One of the suppliers that Justin works with called him up and asked if he wanted to use 2 tickets that someone else couldn't use.

This game was an ESPN game which meant you needed to wear certain BSU colors depending on which section of the stadium you were sitting in. We were in the orange section. We didn't have any BSU attire so we raided the neighbors closet and they got us all decked out for the game.
These were the shirts for the game that we saw all over the place. BSU played the Oregon Ducks and they are kind of rivals, you could say!! With our field being blue, there is a thing that has been going around that says lots of birds swoop down thinking it's water. This would explain the shirts!

Front of the shirt

Back of the shirt! I thought it was very clever!
They had a great pre-game. This huge football helmet was what all of the players ran out of and onto the field. They were led by a horse running through the smoke and very loud fireworks in the middle of the field. Very impressive!

Notice all of the Blue, Orange and White? It was kind of fun to see the stands completely full. There are some yellow spots here and there.

Oops! I put this picture on sideways but you get the point. Everywhere I looked I was so mesmerized by the colors. I wish that I had a better camera. It would have been fun to take pictures at this game. Not only of the colors, but the crazy hair, painted bellies, shaved heads. Crowds are so fun to watch.

Justin and I love going out each week but this was so much fun. Even though I was ready to be in bed by 9:00 pm, I made it until the game was over. Around Midnight. It was 1:00 am when we got home and into bed. Great job BSU! Thanks for winning and making the night even more fun for us! The final score was 19-8. BSU did great and held them to 13-0 at half time and they did a great job controlling the ball the entire game. I can't wait for the next free college game Justin and I get to go to!
No comments:
Post a Comment