Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Old Fashioned

I didn't think a thing about this when I handed the phone to Mayci to play with.

Kenzie started playing with Mayci last night and she got a little confused and asked me, "Mom, how is this phone suppose to work? Did people ever use a phone like this?" I laughed and thought that was an interesting question. I remember having a rotary phone when I was younger. My kids know what a phone with a cord looks like but they have never had the experience of using a rotary phone.

I took a minute to explain to McKenzie how to use it. She would put her finger in a hole and move it around slowly until she got back to the same spot. She then asked what to do.
"Let your finger come out now!"
"Oh. Why? I don't get it".
I just laughed and said "It's a good thing we don't have to use a phone like that then!"

Mayci didn't have a problem knowing what to do with the receiver. She acts like she's been on the phone for years!



This was too cute. She was jibbering away on the phone and looked up at me and pulled the phone down like she was trying to ask me a question and then put the phone right back up to her ear! Too dang smart!


2 comments:

Melissa Durtschi said...

Look at those pictures...She is getting so big! ! Too cute!!!

Marky Mark and the Funky bunch said...

What a cutie! Where does she learn all those "Phone skills" from? LOL too cute!