Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My kids have been so busy the last few weeks. With school starting, I really thought that our lives would slow down a little bit. I was at least hoping for it to feel like our lives had slowed down. Once the kids come home from school, we have piano lessons Mon-Wed until dinner time. Then right after dinner, the boys have football practice until 7:30 pm. Then we rush to get everyone showered and ready for bed. Then it's hurry and clean up the mess from the day and go to bed. Then we start all over again.

Then you need to throw in all of those extra things that happen during the week. Like Court of Honors and pack meetings. Braydon has had the greatest scout leader for Bears. About 2 months ago, I panicked and realized that we haven't done a single thing with Braydon in his scout book. I opened it up and was determined to help him pass off 4 or 5 things that day. To my surprise though, he pretty much had everything passed off. We just needed to earn his Religious Knot and he would get his Bear. So, that's what we did. Last Thursday (Sept 10), Braydon earned his Bear award at Pack Meeting (we forgot to tell them that he earned his religious knot. He'll get that next time). I'm so glad that he has accomplished this step. He's going to be great at scouting, just like his brother and his dad.

They get to pin the Mother's pin on their mom (since moms do most of the work!)


He had to eat his way through a cupcake to get his award. We have a very creative Cubmaster and he does a great job with all of the pack meetings. One time, the kids had to put their face in a tin of whipcream to find their award! What fun memories for the boys.

On Sept. 2, Austin went to his first Court of Honor. He managed to get his Tenderfoot and Second class rank advancements that night. We were hoping for his First class as well but he needed to do a few things while on a campout. We're hoping to get that rank advancement in the next few months though.

At his Board of Review, he told the Board that he has a goal to receive all 121 merit badges like 2 twin boys did here recently. We read about it in the Church News. The board was very impressed with that. They asked Austin why he wanted to be an Eagle Scout and this was his reply, "If you are an Eagle Scout, you can get better jobs because it shows that you are capable of accomplishing things. It also gets girls!" They laughed and thought that was hilarious. (Austin had just been talking to another adult leader before his review and this leader had told him that! What a character!)

I missed the actually receiving of the awards. I need to start sewing badges on some uniforms!


These 2 pics are of Mayci on Sept 11, 2009. We wanted to show our TRUE COLORS that day. Although, Mayci was showing her true attitude that morning. I struggled getting her to look at the camera! She just laughed and got silly with me!
We had a fun time over Labor Day weekend. We didn't plan much because both of the boys had football games that day! The entire day was spent on football fields. Justin had Austin at his game by 9:30 am and we finished Braydon's game at 4 pm that day! Austin won his game, barely, 16-14. Braydon lost his game, 30-6. They both got to play quite a bit though.

We didn't get many pictures taken. We spent the entire time cheering. McKenzie and Madison took some pictures for us. This was the best one. Braydon is #55. Braydon did a great job kicking the ball. He has got a great knack for this sport as well. He played quite a few different positions that day.

I still think they are too little to be playing tackle football but I do love seeing these boys in their uniforms. It's kind of cute!

We finished our Summer off with one last boat ride with Brian and Heidi! We went to Swan Falls Lake and had some fun on the tube and also just being lazy in the water. Even Mayci got some time on the tube. She didn't like it the entire time. I didn't like it either once they went over a good sized wake!
Mayci loves to cover her eyes. All of the time.
I'm so sad that summer is over. I do love it when it cools off a little though and you get to pull out all the fun jackets, sweaters and long jeans. That just means fun fall colors are coming (and my birthday!!!!) I love this time of year!

No comments: