I knew I would need to dress warm since we would be having a sleigh ride up to the cabin were the dinner was held. I was hoping it was going to be held somewhere that I would have an excuse to go find a nice, elegant outfit to wear. Then my belly started growing at a rapid rate and I was glad that we had to bundle up for this party.
The party started later on Friday night with a bus ride up to the ski resort itself. Once at the ski resort, we got all bundled up and met up with the horse drawn sleighs. We found a spot and bundled up in blankets. The ride was about 15 minutes to this little cabin. It was really a beautiful night and not that cold.
Once in the cabin, there was a guitar player playing some country songs and it was decorated very simple yet still had the Christmas atmosphere. They brought out big bread bowls full of broccoli soup. Then came the steak, shrimp, potatoes and carrots! It was so delicious! I wish I had taken more pictures during the evening. I was so involved in visiting, eating and enjoying time with Justin that my camera stayed hidden in my coat pocket!
There were about 6 men that ran the place and they did a great job with the dinner and also some entertainment afterwards (cowboy poetry). After dinner they gave us some mouthwatering peach cobbler!!! Yes, I ate everything that was served that night (even a nibble of the shrimp- that did make me gag though).
We headed back out to the sleighs after dinner and made our way back down to the bus for the ride back into Boise. It was about midnight when we got back to our vehicle. We then headed to Kuna to pick up our kids who were visiting friends and headed to our hotel in Meridian. It was almost 2 am when we got into bed. I was exhausted but I so enjoyed spending time with the man I love and adore!





No comments:
Post a Comment