Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Halloween recital

We had such a great piano recital! All of my students did a wonderful job and it was so fun to see all of their costumes as well. We had the recital on Thursday night, before Halloween. I'm not a big fan of Halloween but I do love to do a costume recital. The kids enjoy it also. I only had 8 piano students plus 2 of my own kids do the recital this year.

I told myself that I wouldn't take on more than 10 students and 8 was even pushing it! Then I got pregnant and it was almost too much for me to do. I always felt tired and I had a feeling that I needed to stop teaching piano altogether and spend more time with my kids. They are only young once and I didn't want to miss being with them after school.

After talking with Justin, we decided that I probably needed to have this be my last recital. That was a hard decision to make but I felt good about it.

Here's the group of them:
Emma, McKinley, Riley, Paige, McKenzie, Marisa, Tayah, Austin, Daniel, Janie and Tyler.
The cowgirl hat is mine but the chaps and spurs I borrowed from a goood friend.
Austin memorized his song in about 1 week. He made a last minute decision to do the recital and did a good job learning and memorizing his song in less than 2 weeks. Crazy kid!!

No comments: