Wednesday, December 15, 2010

It's all about the pool

The kids were lucky enough to go to Boise with us when we went to our work party. We stayed in a hotel and the pool was the most exciting part. We showed up late to the hotel on Thursday night and so we didn't get any pool time in then. Justin had some meetings Friday morning at the office in Meridian so I got up and took him into the office. When I got back, the kids were ready to go get some breakfast so they could go swim.

It took about 5 seconds for the kids to get their suits on and off we went to the pool. We spent just over an hour in the pool and they enjoyed every minute in the pool. It was hard for them to stop long enough to get this picture.

Mayci and I spent most of our time that morning in the hot tub. It was more like a warm bath so I didn't worry about sitting in it.
These 4 silly kids thought they would try and do some chicken fights. They couldn't quite get it figured out though.
Mayci finally got brave enough to go try the swimming pool. The 2 of us spent some time going back and forth from the pool to the hot tub.

We actually got Mayci to jump off the side of the pool into the water. We should have done that more. It would have been a good arm workout for me!

Don't even ask what these 3 are doing. They are pretty crazy at times.

After swimming that morning, we got ready for the day and ran a few errands. We then met up with Heidi and had some lunch at Wingers. That was so fun to hang out with her for a bit. We had to hurry back to the hotel after lunch so we could get some more swimming in. I think the kids spent about 2 hours in the pool then.
After that swimming session, we all got ready to head out for the night. Austin went to his friends house, Grant. Braydon, Madison and Kenzie went to the Halladay's house. Mayci went to the Holm's house. Then Justin and I headed to his work party.
After getting in bed late Friday night, we slept in until about 8 am and then went down for breakfast. I really wanted to sleep in longer and the kids would have slept all morning long but I knew that they wanted to swim before we left. After breakfast, we all went down and spent just over an hour in the pool. We got in a good game of 500. Checkout wasn't until noon and so we stayed until then.
We hurried ourselves home so that we could make it back to our ward Christmas party. The drive was actually pretty nice. Much better than the 10 hour drive to Reno we made the week before. It was the last 1/2 hour of the drive that my kids got pretty crazy. One of them being this little showboat:
Madison started laughing so hard at her that I had to turn around to see what the chaos was about. When I turned and saw this, I joined in on the laughing and grabbed my camera. She is learning all too quickly how to get attention and this is usually the manner of how she accomplishes it. Oh, how we love her to pieces!!

No comments: