Justin stayed in IF that week while the kids and I went to Reno. We would call and ask how the weather was and Justin told us that schools and businesses were closed down due to the weather. Most of the major roads were closed as well. The wind just blew too much. He got home on Tuesday night and had 2 foot drifts in our driveway. His car that is parked on the side of our house was buried. It took Justin over 1 hr to shovel our driveway.
Needless to say, the kids were very jealous that we were in Reno and not in Idaho Falls. They might have changed their minds though when we got back from Reno. This is what they got asked to do that Monday after Thanksgiving. It had snowed a few more inches over the weekend after Thanksgiving and so more shoveling was required.
I'm SO grateful that I have 2 boys old enough to shovel my driveway now. I could have used the exercise and done the driveway myself. I would have been scolded by too many people though.
The kids decided that some forts would be fun to have in our big pile of snow out front! What creative kids I have.
This little one can last as long as the older kids. She can't wait for the kids to get home from school so she can go out and play with them. She'd stay out all day if I let her.
Their forts were pretty impressive. They were more like tunnels with peep holes for them to get out of.

I didn't get pictures but yes, we did have hot cocoa after we were done playing outside. Even I had some- no, I didn't play outside. My kids and I love any excuse to have hot cocoa and some Hazelnut coffee mate (or Andes Mint chocolate chips) on a cold day.
I really do love the snow and living in Idaho Falls has been so much fun, even if it is cold most of the time and the wind blows 99% of the time! Lots of memories have been made from the cold!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment