So, this snow has been so much fun for my kids! They spent most of last week after school out in the snow. This is the longest snow has stayed at one time. We got quite a bit of snow over the weekend and since they didn't have school this week, they spent all of Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday outside. My boys are into making forts and they did a great job with this one. They got the recycling tub and filled it full of snow. Then started building it up. They neighbors started to do the same thing so that they could have a snowball fight! The neighbors started filling their garbage can full of snow. The kids started getting worried that they wouldn't win the snowball fight and started adding parts to their fort!

Madison, Adam, Kenzie, Braydon and Austin- showing how big their fort is! I was very impressed with their imagination!

Kenzie is sitting in the medical room (I believe is what they called it!) When someone got hurt from the snowball fight, they would have to go to that spot!

Madison & Kenzie chillin' in their snow fort! I think snow forts are way more creative than snowmen. I wasn't big on snowmen when I grew up. My sisters and I would make snow cities in our yard and spend hours outside. What fun memories I have of Christmas vacation and playing outside in lots of snow!!!!

All I know is my house was pretty peaceful with them outside all day long! We did go through a lot of hot chocolate though! I didn't complain because I had a cupful everytime they did! It's fun to have hot cocoa with some really yummy mixins- Coffee Mate has some great flavors!! I'm kind of addicted!

The kids school parking lot got plowed the other day (finally! There are many snow plows in this part of Idaho!) We decided that it would be fun to slide down their piles. It was perfect for the little kids! I didn't have to help haul them up a giant hill. I could sit on top of the pile and reach down and pull them up! Mayci just slept in the van - all bundled up. I thought she might be able to play a little outside with us. She decided she wanted a nap instead! It was a very laid back Christmas Eve morning!
2 comments:
You have such a fun Fam!!! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!
Nikki
Our kids love to play in the snow too. I wish we were closer, the kids ask all the time when you're coming down next. We'll have to come and see you this summer.
Post a Comment