Who said being a mom isn't fun?
I thought I'd through this quick post on here. Since I'm a mom, I don't have all the time in the world but right now, I do have a sleeping baby. I should go sleep too but there are too many things I get to do as a mom.
Tuesday night I got to have a most amazing date with my hubby. J had gotten tickets to Jim Brickman's concert for me for my b-day. The concert was Tuesday night and it was so amazing. We found out that a friend of mine, Tricia, and her husband had tickets too. So, we decided to go together and make a night out of it. We went out to eat before hand. We went to a Mongolian BBQ and it was so good. It hit the spot for the night. (My kids got a gourmet meal too- Mac-n-cheese, made by Austin). It was so fun to hear some holiday music without dishes being washed in the background or kids fighting. It was just my sweatheart and me! If you haven't heard any of Jim's music, you need to! The concert was fun because he had Tracy Silverman there! He plays an electric violin! Very impressive!!
We came home to a clean house (this part is true. My Austin is an amazing babysitter.) There were dishes in the sink, but not many. I decided to leave them until the next morning. I didn't want to ruin a wonderful night by getting my hands wet! So, off to bed we went- before 11 PM! That's amazing in itself! I was having a hard time sleeping what with all the excitement of Christmas thoughts going through my head (along with the millions of things I need to do as a mom. Helping Austin run for Vice-President at school being one of them and he needed a speech and a campaign slogan being just a few things on my mind). I'm sure I was asleep before midnight but about 12:15 Madison came in to tell me that she had thrown up! Soooooo, I really didn't go to sleep until about 2:30am. Madison was not doing good. She couldn't fall asleep and I felt so bad for her. My kids don't usually get sick. If so, they rarely throw up. So, this was kind of odd for us.
Mayci has been a little grouchy again this week and I know it's not teeth. She has cut 2 teeth and both are well up now. I figured we were dealing with another earache. We just had one about 3 weeks ago. So, I got an appointment for Mayci on Wednesday at 8:00AM!! Now, remember, I'm a mom and I just had an amazing night out on the town (and an amazing night at home with my daughter!) so I should be up and at it and able to get out the door by 7:30, right!? Well, the kids all woke up late, Madison still wasn't feeling very good and I didn't get all the sleep I wanted. So, J volunteered to take Mayci in and I'd come in after getting the kids off to school to get Mayci from him. What a lifesaver he was! My morning was great and yes, Mayci had an earache. We got her some stronger antibiotics this time. I'm really not surprised. Austin had earaches the first 2 years and about 4 different sets of tubes put in his ears. He still has problems. So, I've decided that our 1st and last child should be the same. I'm a mom though. I know how to handle this now!
I do feel good though. I got to go to some of exercise yesterday morning and I managed to get laundry washed. Now, if I could just figure out how to get my dryer to fold the clothes. I can't seem to get them to fold any other way. Not even the clothes baskets are willing to help a mom out.
I really do love being a mom. It's just hard at moments to remember why I thought this was the job of my dreams! Then I look down at Mayci crawling over to pull my tree apart, see my pile of laundry that needs folding, toys all over the office, no groceries left in my fridge, the smell of fresh baked bread, and I remember, this is EXACTLY the job of my DREAMS! I can't imagine being anything else!
Cal & Brock
2 years ago





8 comments:
The concert sounds great. I like your Christmas motif.
I love Jim Brickman. I bet that was fun. Austin sounds like such a great kid. It is easy to get tied up with thoughts of trying to be the perfect mom, but your right, it is all a package deal, the bad with the good. I too wouldn't trade for any other job.
I'm so glad you're hanging in there. If you lived here you wouldn't have gotten home from a Jim Brickman concert before 11. You're so right with the mom stuff though, what an extremely over paid/under paid, overworked, exhausting, delightful job we have as moms.
i hear ya about the being a mom thing...isn't it wonderful! i love my sweet babies so much, even all the craziness that comes with it:)
For as long as I can remember, I've wanted to have 6 kids and be a stay at home mom. Things didn't turn out exactly how I thought they might, but I sure am grateful for the experience of being a mom to the three I've got!
I totally hear ya- This Being a Mom thing- is hard, exhausting, wonderful and rewarding.
I love being a mom but it can be so hard at times! Thanks for sharing! It is nice to hear you share some of the frustrations when I see you as a Mommy that has it altogether! You are a perfect mom and your children are blessed to have you! I am blessed at having the opportunity to watch and learn from you!
You have such cute kids...And they are good kids!! That makes you a good momma!!! Wes and I were talking about how much fun we had with you guys at the Whitings! We are so going to do that again! Soon!!! (In front of the fireplace;)
Nikki
Post a Comment