Saturday, December 27, 2008

Wii had a great Christmas

Yes, we got a Wii for Christmas! My kids more than deserved this gift! Santa obviously have been watching my kids. They have shown so much responsibility this past year. The kids (and maybe more mom and dad) spent most of Christmas day playing the Wii. The boys got the hang of most of it pretty quickly. We got this Outdoor Challenge and it actually has different workouts on it! I did some this morning for my exercise and worked up a great sweat! I had to jump rope, jump hurdles, run on a conveyer belt, snowboard! It was great fun!! (ha, ha, ha!) My kids loved watching me run and jump. They were a little worried once in awhile because they asked if I wanted them to run for a little bit. I did survive it though!

I like this game the boys are doing. It's a mine cart coaster ride. It takes teamwork to do and teamwork is something that needs to be worked on with my kids. We've had a few disagreements over the ride!
Mayci got a few dolls and toys! Not lots of exciting things but she was thrilled to just have stuff on the floor to play with. Lots of stuff! The kids learned fast not to leave anything on the floor! Mayci is very quick lately. We can't leave anything out or on the floor! Doors have to stay shut now or she'll open it if it's even a crack. It takes her about 2 seconds to dump stuff all over! She's learned how to stand up by furniture and I'm going to bet she's walking in the next couple of weeks! At least around the furniture. She doesn't have much of a choice with her siblings helping her out all of the time! They can't wait until she starts to walk!

Austin getting a little excited at the gift that Santa left our family!

(The things on the girls head came off their PJ's. For some reason, I can't ever get the right size PJ bottoms for my kids! I get their size and they are about 8 inches too long! I spent about 1 hour Christmas Eve sewing up their pants. bummer for me but the girls love their new headbands! They are kind of silly looking but what a fun memory!)
We don't have the best house for Christmas morning. Justin and I put a blanket up in our hallway entry so the kids can't come out before we're ready for them to be up! This is a picture of them crowding in the hall, waiting for the ok to come out! They said that they were up most of the night waiting. They couldn't get to sleep and were having a hard time finding a comfortable position to sleep in! I just laughed while I sat and listened to them talk. We had made an agreement the night before that the kids couldn't wake us up before 7 am! I'm so glad that we came to that agreement! Growing up we always got up at 6 am!! Way too early! We did play really hard all day Christmas Eve so I was hoping that the kids would be so tired that they'd sleep until 8 or 9 am. No such luck but I'm not complaining about 7:15 for a Christmas morning!

Even Mayci was a little excited to see what Santa brought her! We unpinned the blanket and let her crawl out before! That kind of made the other kids mad! It was a great Christmas and we even had snow for it! I love the holidays and am kind of sad that we are already done with Christmas! It is nice to have the feeling of a new year to get yourself focused on things to work on for the coming year! I know that my list is pretty long and the last few days it's gotten longer! Lots to work on!!!




7 comments:

Bunnell's said...

Merry Christmas Pugmires....CUTE CUTE!!! We love our Wii and I know you will yours!

Happy Birthday Braydon!

You have such good kids!

Bunnell's said...

Merry Christmas Pugmires....CUTE CUTE!!! We love our Wii and I know you will yours!

Happy Birthday Braydon!

You have such good kids!

JoJo said...

What a family friendly gift. Braydon is a great kid, all your kids are.

Rigby Gang said...

I am so jealous I want a Wii sooo bad. Are the games that go with it expensive. Oh I want one so bad. Looks like you guys had a great Christmas!!

Anne said...

We've been looking to upgrade our game system in the next year or so (we have the original XBox and Playstation 2 for James' Guitar Hero and Rock Band.) As James has talked to the employees in the electronic department of various stores, they tell him that the Wii is the most family friendly of them all. I think you made a great choice and I'm sure your kids are thinking the same thing!

Ron and Debbie said...

We love our Wii! You will love it too! It is a great family game and we play it all of the time! Enjoy! I am glad you had a great Christmas! I sure am missing Kenzie! I can't wait for Monday!

Ron and Debbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.