Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas tag!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love the look of really nice wrapping paper with the nice bows. My mother in law is great at this. I love the gift bags because it's easy but for Christmas I go all out actually wrap with wrapping paper. Usually no bows!
2. Real Tree or Artificial? I love the easy set up of an artifical with the lights already on it. I love to have a real tree though. The smell and the fun of getting a tree is a fun memory for J and I.
3. When do you put up the tree? J likes me to wait until the day after Thanksgiving. I try and get it up before but this year it didn't happen!
4. When do you take the tree down? The day after Christmas. Braydon's b-day is the 27th and we want to make his b-day a birthday and not a leftover Christmas.
5. Do you like eggnog? No. J and the boys love it. I prefer mint hot cocoa.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I remember getting a homemade kitchen play set. Loved it! I also remember getting a crimper for my hair! All my other memories include games and music with the family. Not so much the gifts!
7. Hardest person to buy for? Parents and parent-in-laws. They have everything! This year, Austin! What do you buy an 11 year old who doesn't ask for much?
8. Easiest person to buy for? If I have money, I can buy for anyone! Madison is pretty easy to buy for. She is excited over a new notebook- everything actually!
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No but I would love to start collecting them.
10. Mail or e mail Christmas cards? I love the mail cards but love to get email ones too. I use to hold on to the cards each year that I got and hung on my door. J made me throw them away when we moved! He told we didn't need to move them with us!
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Can't remember having a bad gift. The year my Grandpa died (the day after Christmas) was probably the worst- I don't remember anything about Christmas that year except his funeral
11. Favorite Christmas movie? Love to watch Home Alone! I actually love to watch any movie just so the whole family is together and we have a puzzle to put together while we watch!
12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I used to wait until December got here. Then I realized it was fun to get stuff all year long. I just have to remember what I got and where I put it!
13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? NEVER
14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Anything but fruit cake!
15. Lights on the tree? What is the point without them? I love the white lights with other colors for decorations.
16. Favorite Christmas song? The question is, what Christmas song don't you like? I love all the music except for Grandma got run over by a reindeer!
17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home! I love spending time with my kids and playing games all day! I do miss our Christmas eve party with my family!
18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes! Thanks to the song I learned as a kid!
19. Angel on the tree top, or star? We have a country bow. I'd like to change to a star someday!
20. Open presents Christmas eve or morning? We open Christmas PJs Christmas Eve, you have to look good for pictures in the morning, but the rest Christmas morning.
21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Rude people!
22. Favorite ornament, theme, or color? I have had apples on my tree for many years but I want to change to purple or a blue color!
23. Favorite food for Christmas dinner? Dinner? What about breakfast!?
24. What do you want for Christmas this year? I want lots of things but the list is kind of long. So, I'll settle for a fun couple of days with my kids and some new games!

If you read this, you are tagged! Happy tagging!

3 comments:

Camille said...

We will miss Christmas Eve with you and the Frame family this year! We had a lot of fun playing games with you guys last year!
Thanks for posting, that was fun to read!

Unknown said...

That was fun to read. I was noticing you guys play lots of games. That is awesome. B's family is going to have a game night instead of a gift exchange. I am suppose to bring 3 games. Do you have any ideas? His brother has teenagers, so I was looking for something that would maybe be fun for both age groups. You mentioned Wacky Six on your side bar. What is that?

Unknown said...

That would be fun to have a game night. Our family party is Christmas eve. We don't have a ton going on, let me know when you have an open weekend? We could do 13th, 19 or 20. Are any of those open? Or there is Monday night the 22nd, no school the next day. Let me know what you think.