This was our morning!

Mayci will always wake up so happy. Today, she did wake up happy. By the time it was 7:45 am, she had had it! I was doing the girls' hair and Mayci was hanging out in the bathroom with us. She is now almost walking around things and she's learned how to hang on open drawers and open and close doors/drawers. She was hanging on our bathroom drawer and I saw her doing it just as she leaned forward. Her right fingers got smashed in it. That started it all! She has been battling a cold the last few days and the finger smashing added to it. Well, she didn't stop crying. For awhile! I ate breakfast while she sat on the kitchen floor and just cried. I didn't see the point in holding her because when I tried to hold her, she still cried! So, I enjoyed my hot cereal with the sweet sounds of screaming in the background! (The sunrise this morning was so beautiful! I got to look at that while I ate and got serenaded by Mayci. What a wonderful morning!)
And then, after breakfast came this:

Aaaahhhhhhhhhh! The bath! Oh how I love to take a bath! I got this from my mom, you know. She would take a bath all of the time while I was in her belly. I can be a mean old bear and then put me in the tub! Voila! Life. Is. Good. (why is that? Most kids have their little place that makes them little angels in times when they are more like monsters. They are always monsters when you are trying to do something too! I'm just glad that Mayci doesn't have her days all of the time!)

I think she likes to see how high she can splash. It would always bother my boys to have water in their eyes or water run in their ears. Not Mayci. Everything about the bath is like Heaven to her!

Mayci is great at making a splash! I get completely drenched while giving her a bath! I made the mistake one time of getting ready before I bathed her. My makeup and hair got to be redone when I was done with her bath!

Now that she can stand up, she thinks she has to stand in the tub too!

Oh, there's where mom keeps the shampoo! Let me have it and I'll get myself cleaned mom! (she's smart enough, she probably could get herself all bathed!)

I've obviously taken her out of the bath! She screamed the entire time I put lotion on her and while getting her dressed too! I would probably cry too if my bath got cut short! Ok, maybe I wouldn't cry. Just become a grouchy mom until I had the house peaceful and no messes in sight and I had a good book in my hand and curled up in a warm blanket (but that only would happen if I got taken out of the bath early! I don't ever get grouchy any other time! hee,hee)

She's all dressed and still, there are tears coming down her cheek. She did finally stop crying after a quick bottle and her bed. It took about 5 minutes to calm her down to take the bottle! I hope our day gets a little better from this point! Maybe I should go take a nap with her! Someone else will for sure see the messes and laundry that needs cleaned up and folded and it will all get taken care of the second they walk in the door. Right?
1 comment:
I love the bath pictures. I guess we all have our days...
Post a Comment