We had our first Primary activity, January 3 at 8:30 am. Why so early? We served up a whole stack of pancakes to all of the kids in primary. They all got to come in their PJ's and meet their new teachers for the new year. This isn't just a favorite for the kids. I will find any excuse to eat breakfast and be in my PJ's and slippers. This was a bonus for me! We didn't have any major spills. The syrup stayed on the plates or in their bellies. There were plenty of pancakes to go around and even juice for all of them. It was a great start for 2009!

This was Austin's class. He just had to hold Mayci. That was fine with me. That made my day go a little bit easier. Mayci just likes to be held. Especially by her older brother.

This was Madison with her class. I think there are quite a few boys in her class. Lucky her. Not that she likes boys or anything. I'll let her like them now, not when she's a few years older though. They will be off limits then!

Here's a picture of half of the primary (we have around 150 kids in Primary. We only had 70 or 80 show up!) This is after their bellies were full. I just love being around these kids. You can't help but smile while you are with them. Even if you are having a bad day.
Our activity was a great success and I hope that all of the other activities through the year are just as successful! I'm glad that I had so many helpers come out to this and the teachers were wonderful to be there also.
2 comments:
Looks like fun! I wish I knew i could have sent Sam with our neighbor or just brought him! ha. Is there a blog or site to find out about the primary activities for those that are in active?
That picture turned out really well! I'm so glad it's over though. :)
Post a Comment