Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Same kind of party, different reason!

Just before the holidays, I had a fun piano party with all of my students. It was the Monday before Christmas and all of the kids got to prepare one Christmas song. It didn't have to be memorized, though, some of the kids did have their song memorized. We had pancakes and they got to come in their PJ's. (I really could spend all day long in my PJ's if I could. I'm ok even in a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt!) I think all the kids had fun and they all have improved so much since the last recital. This was only for the kids. No adults were allowed. It was pure fun and kid time.
Madison, Kenzie and Catelyn chowing down on their pancakes!
Charity and Mikayla got their fill of pancakes too! We had lots of piano books floating around the house that morning! It was some fun energy in the air that morning! (It helped that it was their first day of Christmas vaca too!)

Shandon, Mayci, Ryann, and McKinley got in a fun pose! The kids did good to stay pretty calm in between eating and the actual Christmas recital!

Here's the group! I was only missing 2 kids that morning. It was a fun memory for me and I hope that the kids had fun too. I know that piano can be such a burden at times. I remember for me at times, thinking that I was taking piano just to make my mom happy. I don't remember it being fun. (I hid my theory book between my mattresses. If you mom's are missing anything, look there first!) I learned a lot from my teacher and she was great. I just can't think of any really fun memories from it! I hope to make piano fun for my students. Even if they don't take for many years. Hopefully in the midst of the fun, they will learn a few things about piano that they can enjoy playing for many years. They all are learning so much right now and are so willing to take the time to practice. I know it's not the easiest thing to do- take time to practice but I can tell when the kids do practice. What a fun job I have. You won't ever hear me complain about me working. This isn't work. It's an experience! Thanks for letting me share some of the fun working moments of my life! (They are few, the working part anyway!!)



3 comments:

Anne said...

Wow, you have alot of piano students! I know my kids love having you for their teacher. Thanks for making it so much fun!

Camille said...

I wish I could add Noah to your class!

Jaymie Quigley said...

You know a good teacher when she loves her students. Way to share your talent girl!