I did it again. I downloaded my pictures backwards. Go figure!

This was the end of our weekend! I looked over and saw this and thought, "How dang lucky am I to have such a wonderful husband. He is always willing to hang out with the girls, feed Mayci, read to them, play games with them. Whatever it takes to make us 4 girls happy. Especially after the long week that we had last week. I didn't get many pictures of our Monday or all the things we did all day long the entire week. I was very glad that we had a Monday of no school. That gave me a catch up on sleep day!

This would be hair. Hair from a 5 year olds head. Madison and Kenzie took a shower Saturday night and when they got out, I asked them to go in and brush out their hair. Madison did but I had to ask McKenzie to brush her hair a couple of times. She finally came out with her hair combed but she had pulled her hair back into a clippy! I thought that was weird but didn't say anything about it. Then when I went in to give Mayci a bath, this is what I saw! I couldn't believe it. I asked Kenzie why she cut her hair. All she could say was, "I had a snarl in my hair and it wouldn't come out when I brushed it so I decided to cut it out." It was amazing how mad I got in an instant and at the same time how quickly a laugh came to me. How did she think to cut a snarl out? Aren't kids funny?

Kaylee and Mayci had so much fun in the bathtub. Once one started to splash, they both got into it pretty good! It was fun to watch two little girls with their own little personalities play together!

Friday we were lucky enough to have my sister Brittany and her family come to visit. This is Mayci and Kaylee (who is 6 weeks older than Mayci) showing off their ability to stand. They were both so cute together.

This is what happened on Wednesday morning. Justin plays b-ball every Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings at 5:30 am. When I got out of bed at 6, I thought I heard him in the kitchen. I got into the kitchen to see him getting ice out of the freezer. I was a little confused at first and then I saw him limping. His ankle was pretty bad. His body went into a little shock I think because it hurt so bad he wanted to throw up! By Friday morning, his foot was all black and blue and it hurt even worse. He decided to have the Dr look at it. They x-rayed it and it wasn't broken but he did pull all 3 ligaments. I cringed everytime he took a step! By Saturday, he tried to be Superman and put his lace-up boots on. He did it and spent most of the day on his foot. He's getting around pretty good now! I think he's trying to get back into playing b-ball within a couple of weeks. (The Dr. said he needed to physical therapy on it and he'd heal faster. He's doing lots of physical therapy every day! He's a pretty determined guy!)

Thursday, Braydon earned his Wolf Badge at Pack meeting. Austin didn't get to go to this pack meeting as a Cub scout. Austin is now an 11 year old scout! Now that I have cub scouts all figured out, I've got to figure out how Boy Scouts works. Guess it's time to turn things over to Justin. He knows pretty good what's going on in that department!

Last Wednesday, Austin was asked to help out with the ward's YM/YW activity, "Are you smarter than a Primary kid." Austin did a great job at it and so did the other Primary kids. It made for a long night for Austin though. He didn't make it home until after 9 PM. He stayed to help clean up and had to get a ride home with one of the leaders. I had to run home, get the kids in bed and head to a mtg with some of my Activity Day leaders. It was a long Wednesday. (I also got asked to sub that day for Band and Choir in the Middle school. I'm never letting my kids go to middle school. Those kids are crazy, wild and out of control!)

Mayci did some stretching during her daddy's ballgame we went to last week. She did good just hanging out in her carseat until the last 10 minutes.

Justin was asked to play b-ball with a friend, Jared, from church. Jared plays on a city league and they play there games in Caldwell. Justin went to his first game without us. Last Tuesday he got all of us to go with him. The kids had a blast just running around the gym and up and down the bleachers.

Cheeeeessssse! I love when I get this kind of smile from my little love bug!
1 comment:
Awesome Update Marissa. I totally know all about the ankle thing...I think Justin was around when Jef did it in Kuna, but one time in Meridian I had to take him to the ER in the middle of the night because those guys played late at night. Jef really misses playing ball he hasn't found a place around here that is as good as Kuna. We miss you guys.
Post a Comment