My girls love to be in the kitchen with me. I love having them in the kitchen with me too. Sometimes they are more help than I want them to be. But it does give me time with them and some of the things they can start to talk about I know wouldn't happen while I was running around the house trying to clean. So, I do cherish the times we spend cooking, whatever. So, for Christmas, my sister decided that she wanted to make up some aprons for gifts for people. I liked the apron idea and thought I'd make some for my girls too. By the time I was done making all the aprons I ended up making, I had made 13 aprons in all! Justin kept saying, "Make one for so and so." I'd then head back to the fabric store to get more material! They were pretty easy to make. Cutting them out took the longest and turning the ties out was time consuming. I enlisted Justin's help with that part. That shortened the time to make them down to 1 1/2 hours each apron! They aren't the fanciest aprons but I'm sure I can improve and make them better. I just have to find all that extra time that I asked Santa to bring me for Christmas. I'm sure he left it for me somewhere. I just have to figure out where!

Kenzie and Madison in their aprons. Anytime I walk into the kitchen, they come too and put these on. Even if they don't actually cook!

She's looking a little too big in this picture. It makes me sad to see how big she's getting on me!

Her hair was cute once before today! This was at dinner time and who knows where her hair elastics are. Oh well! The apron is still cute! (I've noticed that Madison likes to pose in the pictures I take of her. She poses almost like a model would. What am I going to do with her. She's too beautiful- maybe I should look into getting some modeling jobs for her! She could make some good money doing that, couldn't she? Then she can save her money and we wouldn't have to pay for any of her wedding when she's older. I like that idea! But, I won't worry about that now. She has at least 25 years before she even thinks of getting married. Right? Right!)
5 comments:
Those aprons are super cute! Way to go!! I loved looking at all your christmas stuff. I loved the blankey idea!! We also got a wii and love it. That outdoor game sounds way fun. Our favorite has been mario cart. Also I must say I am impressed with the forts that your kids made! They were way better than anything we created as kids! Take care. Kim
The girls aprons are adorable and I do love my as well. Thank you sooo much!
I LOVE the aprons, they are sooo cute and your girls look great with them. I love your post of Mayci and her bath. Isn't that so true, thank goodness for the bathtub!!!
Super cute aprons for the girls Ris...I love em! I still have to make one for me...I kept finding people to give them too as well!!
I love the post about Mayci and Bath Time! Kaylee is the same way...she would stay in the bath forever if I let her, and cries when I take her out! How funny!
Your hair is getting SO long...has it been that long since I have seen you in person? What kind of sister am I? we might have to get together sometime soon....Maybe I can talk Nick into a trip to Boise before gas prices go back up! :)
Very cute Marissa! You could teach a class for Enrichment!
Post a Comment