Thursday, February 19, 2009

Interviewed

Jo was kind enough to ask me 5 questions about myself. She herself was interviewed on her blog and it was fun to read her answers. As I was doing this, it made me think and somedays that's not a good thing. I realized I have lots to work on after answering these questions but it was fun. Enjoy!!

1. You have five children, who from what I have observed are very well behaved. What is your secret?!
Are there really any secrets to kids? As I thought about this question I just kept laughing!!! People always say that they are so well behaved and I'll agree. They are. They are also the extreme opposite at times too. Justin and I have taught our kids since they were little that there are times to have fun and there are times to not have as much fun. (I'm sure lots of threats and um, sorry to say, spankings, were involved :-) ) There were lots of time outs when my kids were younger. They still have their share of consequences now. We just made sure the kids knew they were loved and taught by example. Other than that, I don't know how they turned out so good. I'll blame it on Justin!!!

2. There has been a little bit of pageant buzz going around, tell us about your pageant history?
I participated in 2 pageants while in High School. I didn't do them to try and be crowned queen. I figured it would be a fun thing to experience and something I could tell my kids about in the future. It really forced my to do things that were out of my comfort zone. I did always wonder what it would be like to be on stage or to be a 'princess' (you could say). It was fun to have a reason to wear something elegant, share a talent and to just have fun with a bunch of girls. (Girls tend to dream about being a princess living in a castle. This was close to that. Just no castle!) I have had a goal since having my first daughter to be in a Mrs. Pageant. I haven't ever set a date on that goal and that has held me back from doing it. Thanks to Jamie, I might just be doing the Mrs. Idaho next year! Should be fun!!!!

3. I've noticed that your girls always have their hair done nicely, does this mean you are an early riser? And is that difficult?
As for the early riser part- I am not! If I really have to get up early, I can do it. If given the option, I'd sleep in as long as possible. Since I do have 5 kids though and 2 of those kids are girls that need to be ready for school, I am forced to get up in the mornings. I've learned a few tricks to make hair-do's go fast. (Taken all from other blogs) All of the really cute hairdo's (requiring a curling iron) take about 15 minutes for each do. All of the others take about 5 minutes or so. It's all about simple in my house. Getting ready for 9 am church is the hardest day to get ready. That's cause I have to get 4 girls ready! I love to have my girls looking girly and dolled up! I wanted to be a beautician when I was younger. This is kinda like fullfilling my dream- you could say!

4. I seem to recall hearing once that you read about one book per week, or some other amazing number. Is this true and how do you decide what to read?
Before having 5 kids and doing all that I do now, I could manage a book in about 1 week. I love to read self help books. Justin and I were involved with a business that had a book of the month. All of the books that came out were self help books and once you've read 15-20 books that help improve your life, you just become addicted. You talk to others that have read other good books and you spend lots of time searching for books to read. I have to confess though. I'm not good at reading detailed books. I love books with a story in them. I did take a whole month to read the detailed books but I would also squeeze the fun books in too. A few of my favorite books are "Leadership & Self-Deception", "The Slight Edge", "Positive Personality Profiles" (any of Robert Rohm's books), any book by John C Maxwell, "Love & Respect", and "How to become the Woman of his dreams". Now that my kids are reading books, I try and read what they are reading. It's becoming a fun family affair!

5. One of your most admirable traits is your friendliness and ability to reach out to everyone. Has this always come easy to you? Do you have any fears of rejection?
My parents managed to move 17 times by the time I was 16 yrs old. I was forced to make friends or live my life all alone (not really all alone. I was the oldest of 5 kids. It's hard to be alone with a family that size). My personality doesn't like being by myself. I love being with other people regardless of what we are doing. Don't get me wrong. I do feel very inadequate around lots of people though. I've read enough books to know that most people feel the same way that I'm feeling though. I have to force myself to focus on the other person and find out stuff about them. That's one of my weaknesses I'm working on though. I like others to ask me questions. It's easy some times to talk about myself. I'm getting better at talking about others now and not wanting info about me being in a conversation. I have that fear of being rejected if they don't like something about me. To overcome that, I keep the conversation on them and they won't have any negative feelings about or toward me. They just remember how fun it was to talk to me because they really only talked about themselves. Just one way to keep the spotlight off of me. (It helps to work with kids. They don't intimidate me as bad as adults do. Maybe that's why I have 5 kids. Too bad they are all planning on growing up. hee, hee)

If you are interested in having me give you a few interview questions for you to answer on your blog, be one of the first five people to follow these instructions and I’ll be in touch.
INSTRUCTIONS
1. Leave me a comment in this post saying, “Interview me” (please include your email address as well).
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions of my choosing.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include these instructions and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions each.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Interview Me......there might be things that you don't know about me that you have been dying to ask about!!!

JoJo said...

That was great, thanks for doing it!