Madison was another anxious little child of mine. Her due date was March 17, 2002. Justin had been working out of town in central Utah at the time and when I was 33 weeks along, I had a feeling she wouldn't last very long. On Feb. 11th, I had gone in to my appt. that morning and I was dialated to a 4, almost a 5. By that night, I was having contractions and Justin was 6 hours away. I called him and told him to hurry back home (he left that morning about 5 am or earlier). I headed to the hospital and after being there about 2 hours, they sent me home because my contractions weren't consistent. I did get Justin to stay home that week though. He told the boss he was staying home til I had Madison. Then Sunday the 17th, the same thing happened. Only this time, I was at a 6 and they decided to keep me. I was now 36 weeks along. She was born at 7:12 PM- only 1 1/2 hours after my water was broken. She was 6' 7" and 21 inches long. Lots of dark brown hair. All of the nurses loved doing her hair in the nursery. She was a wonderful baby and to this day, is still wonderful! She makes friends easily and is a determined child. She gets excited easily! Her excitement level is hard to turn down some days. I love that she has that kind of personality though. She lives life and most days it's hard to find her unhappy. She loves to write. She has written some pretty good stories (I'll try and post some soon). She loves playing outside and enjoys having friends to play with. She has read a few chapter books now and is determined to read a really big chapter book now. You can find her dancing and singing to any kind of music and her imagination. Let's just say that it's BIG! I'm so grateful that my Heavenly Father has given me the chance to be her mom. She is a huge blessing in my life and reminds me daily to enjoy everything. Just spend a day with Madison and you'll see what I can't put to words. She is full of so many expressions and gifts that I can't find the words tonight to describe this sweet child of God!
Hapy Birthday Madison! I love you Forever!

We celebrated her birthday before Justin went to work so that Justin could be there when she opened presents. She really couldn't stop smiling all day long. The night before was like Christmas Eve all over again. Tonight on the way home from town she told me she wished everyday was her birthday!

She really wanted an outfit with leggings. We found a few outfits for her and all of them were really long in the legs. They should fit her for awhile.She didn't seem to care how long they were. She was just glad to have Hannah Montana shoes! Imagine that!

I decided to cash in on the Pizza Hut Book It's the girls had and take them to lunch today. We got Madison out of school when Kenzie got out. We headed over to Pizza Hut and got 2 personal pan pizza's (Madison got just cheese. I'm all about all of the meat and lots of fun toppings) and I got a salad. Here's my 3 cute girls! The smile on Madison's face was showing just half of the excitement she had the whole day. When people would call, she'd just giggle and smile really big!

This was just so funny. When we first got in to Pizza Hut, the girls noticed the TV and it had some CNN news or something similar. A few minutes later, the girls noticed that Dragon Tails was on. The workers must have realized that we were the only ones in the store and they might like to watch PBS. That was very nice of them, except that the girls couldn't understand why the sound didn't work and all of the words were on the bottom of the screen. I explained to the girls about Closed Captioning. After that, they tried hard to read all of the words. By the time Word World came on, they were tired of reading out loud and got half of the words read. Kenzie would try and tell us what was going on since she thought she had seen it before. It was really funny to see them try and eat pizza and watch the TV that was right above us.

Mayci loved being out! She ate her food good and even scarfed down half a slice of Kenzie's pizza. She must be related to her mom. I love Pizza Hut pizza!

All of the bellies are full and Madison is excited to go back to school so we can take Root Beer Floats to her class! They were a hit with her class. The usual birthday treat is doughnuts or cupcakes. I would love to do something like that but you have to buy all of the treats brought in to the classes. How boring is that? I like making fun stuff and you just can't get creative with store bought stuff and try and prepare anything in a short amount of time in the classroom! Some of you mom's might know what I'm talking about!

Madison was bummed to find out that her dad had to work long hours on her birthday and that I had to teach piano lessons on her birthday too. I decided that we'd eat dinner and then go into Justin's work to sing Happy Birthday and have cake. Hence, all of the plans the cake is sitting on! I don't think Madison cared where we had the cake. She just wanted all of us together! I think she had a great day!

Just a little side note- Madison had asked for a notebook. I know that she's asked me for weeks for a 3 ring binder and I didn't have any extra ones sitting around the house. When she said that was what she wanted, I didn't want to just get her the plan blue or white one. I found a cute flowered one at Walmart. I then bought her a pink and purple pen and got some big pink and purple Daisies to put on top of the pens. When she saw that, she was instantly in love. She took it to school to show everyone. I told her she could use it as a journal or whatever. I want to share what she wrote, in her own words. Just too cute!
Deer Note book. i just got you. i alwas wanted you. you are my first luck i had. i do like you because you are fun. and you are waderful to. i just got home from school it was fun. i had my birthday today. it was fun to. did you no i like to rite. well, i do. i actually love to rite on you. i also like to play. i love my family. Do you o, i firgot you dot hav a family. ya its sad. well sarre. i dote no your family but stil sarre. Tomrrow maby i can serpris you. i wil make you hapy and after i make you happy i wil right in you. Then i will go to school with you if i can go to school with you.
She could write for days if she didn't have other things to do. I think she is most excited about this notebook. I can't wait to see how she is tomorrow with the notebook.
3 comments:
I love the writing in the beloved notebook! Happy Birthday, Madison!
Her little note to the notebook is priceless. You've got to keep that around for good laughs in 10 or 20 years.
Happy Late Birthday Madison!
Post a Comment