The last weekend in January we got to head to Oregon for a road trip. We went up there for Dustin's baptism. It's been a long time since we had a road trip so it was kind of exciting for all of us. The roads weren't too bad going up but on the way back home, things were a little icy and snowy. We made it with no problems though. The kids have always traveled so good and that has been a blessing. Mayci wasn't very thrilled about being in the carseat for the 8 hour round-trip. The boys did a good job taking care of her though.

This was just as we were leaving the Hendersen's house.

All of the family together after the baptism. It was a fun weekend and it was fun to get to spend some time playing games, eating food and just visiting. We'll have to try and get together again when it's not such a rushed weekend though. (We were only missing 4 grandkids. It would have been a fun group picture to have all of the others there with us!)

Kenzie, Mayci, Madison and Dustin just hanging out after the baptism.

There are some days that Madison just can't put her sister down. Poor Mayci. There are days that Mayci just cries and crawls the other way when her siblings come home from school. She just knows that she's going to be bothered by her siblings. That's what she gets for being so darn cute!

Kenzie & Great Grandma Hopkins! Aren't they beautiful?

Grandma/pa Hopkins were just chillin' while the rest of us got some lunch on before the baptism. Mayci got lots of attention over the weekend in Oregon.

These kids are kind of silly. Whenever they all get together, there is no peace. I'm sure it was the same way when I got together with my cousins. At the Hendersen's, they have a long set of stairs and the kids thought it would be fun to get sleeping bags and slide down them. That was 3 or 4 hours of entertainment for them. Yes, it got noisy but the kids didn't spend much time fighting. Lots of giggling went on and I'm sure there were a few races that came out of the time on the stairs.
1 comment:
How fun...I wish my kiddos would travel good:) I am going to miss you as my VT partner!!! I am sooooo Bummed about the change. I feel like an orphan...Keep in touch!!! We need an other game night.
Post a Comment