This might seem kind of funny that I'm blogging about perfume. I have a confession though. There is something about this perfume that causes me to be obsessed about it. I can smell this perfume anywhere. It brings out so many memories for me. I'm not a big perfume fan but when I have this in my bathroom, I love to put it on. Daily. Why, you ask? As a mom, you don't always feel like the prettiest person. You usually smell like dirty dishes, laundry that needs washed, little kids, dirty diapers or even throw up! It seems like more than not, I smell like just a mom. My thoughts on that vary. I love being a mom and I love different smells that come with having kids and being able to stay at home with them. I also need to remember that I was first a wife though. My hubby deserves just as much of my time as my kids. Sometimes he needs more time. For me, it's hard to want to give that time if I don't feel pretty (or sexy) and he suffers for my feelings. I didn't realize all of this until I ran out of my beloved perfume. It was over a year of not having any of this perfume. I had some other perfume but for me, it didn't do what it was suppose to do. I had hinted to Justin that I would like some for Christmas and I didn't get any then. I tried not to make a stink about it and thought about getting it for myself. I also wanted my hubby to be my hero and just remember what I asked for too! (You know how ladies can get. Justin is always asking what I would like for my birthday and what not. I usually won't tell him cause I've already said a long list of things in the past. Just in passing though. So of course, how can he possibly remember something I said 2 years ago?! Some of you might know how this goes)
For Valentine's Day, I wasn't expecting anything except a fun night out with Justin. We got that fun night out with a dinner and dance and we had so much fun. The next day though, Justin said he had a gift coming for me but it wouldn't be here until Monday. (Darn delivery people that take 3 days to send something overnight!) So, Monday this is what I got in the mail! I have noticed that when I wear this lovely perfume, my thoughts tend to lean towards my wonderful, loving best friend, Justin! I just can't wait for him to come home so I can be with him. I know, I know. This is all sounding korny to you. I'm sure there are a few out there that have a little obsession with something korny too. As for me, I'm going to go spray some on me now to cover all of the puke smell that has been in our house for 3 days! (Maybe that will help me get over the same thing my kids have gone through. I hate throwing up! I'll just shower later. hee,hee).
I hope that some of you can find your sexy in a bottle item. It's great to have one of those for the days when you just don't feel, well, SEXY!!!





6 comments:
I love it! I'm glad that you got what you needed to feel "sexy". It's amazing what a simple thing can do for a woman, huh?! I, for one,have to have my toenails painted to feel totally put together! Hope you feel better soon! Call me if I can do anything!
So, so true! I LOVE it when Paxton wears cologne. He doesn't understand why it works but he appreciates that it does.
Ris - you are priceless - and I love your background music that went with this post!
That is so cute! I am glad you found sexy in a bottle! Sorry about the pukes! That is the worst!
I love the new background!
You make a very good point! I am not into perfume, cause I am so picky with smells...but eternity is wonderful!! Mmmm....
Thanks for making me smile!! Can't wait to see you this weekend!
I like perfume too, but have yet to find one I really love. I totally get the covering up smells thing. I am glad I am not the only one that feels this way.
Post a Comment