We have loved this whole baseball thing. I don't know that these 4 kiddos watch much of the game but they do love being outside!

This was before Braydon's first game. Mayci will last in the stroller for about the first 40 -45 minutes. After that, she has had it! Justin started having me take stats at the game of all of Bryadon's pitches. I don't mind doing it but when Mayci is ready to get going, it makes things a little bit interesting. Austin is a great helper and will take her and play with her. The 2 girls find somewhere to play (usually in the dirt) and entertain themselves. Let's just say that we all come home and shower before bed. My van has so much dirt sitting on the floor. I guess that's part of being an on-the-go kind of family.

Not the best picture of Braydon but this was his first time up to bat. He has my favorite number on his shirt- 11. He wanted 14 on his shirt cause that's his Uncle Chris' favorite number.

Here's his team lined up at the first game. They announced all of the players and the coaches. Braydon is the second one from the left.

This was at the scrimage the night before their first game. He loves to pitch and everyone keeps saying that he's good enough for AAA. I love watching him pitch. He's confident and he feels so bad when he hits a batter. It's fun to watch all of the boys play. They are learning and growing and it makes it fun to see them enjoying themselves. With this being Braydon's first year playing ball, he doesn't know all of the rules. He is such a hussler and at one game, he hurried to home plate to catch a ball to tag the runner out. Well, he didn't tag the player but just ran to home plate. The runner was safe and we had to explain that he needed to tag the runner. Well, in his last game, he hussled to 2nd base and caught the ball. It was a great throw and a great catch and Braydon was so good to remember to tag this time. Only, he tagged the base and not the runner. He didn't understand why the ump called the runner safe. We had to explain to him that he needed to actually tag the runner and not the base. I think he knows now.

He's such a handsome little pitcher! This is him warming up before a game.
His team is undefeated now. He's played 3 games.
Game 1: 11-3
Game 2: 14-3
Game 3: 7-6
He does a great job at holding the other team on points. The 3rd game they played was against another team that had a 2-0 standing at the time. We were a little nervous about that game. It was good though for the boys to have some competition. They learned alot and boy did they have to hussle if they were going to steal a base. That team had a good little catcher and was quick with his throws. Braydon pitched his best game on the 2nd game so far. The 3rd game he had 3 boys that he threw 3 strikes in a row. That was impressive. We dealt with rain on the 2nd game and that wasn't so much fun. Hopefully now we'll just get some nice warm sun at the games. I'll try and keep updates on here of how things go. Don't plan on too many pictures though. I'm one of those mom's that get so into the game that I forget that I should record them or snap a few pictures. I'm lucky to get all the stats written down. I just love watching my kids play sports and accomplish things like what Braydon has done. It makes watching them grow up so fun. Braydon loves to talk about each game for a whole day. He keeps talking about things that happened in the game. He's loving the whole Baseball thing!
No comments:
Post a Comment