It's amazing what flowers can do for a person!

For General Conference, we had a good friend over to watch Conference with us. Heidi works with Justin and we decided to have her over to watch with us and help us eat Conference Cakes. When she showed up on Saturday, she had these beautiful flowers with her and gave them to me. It was one of those moments where I had to stop and think. WOW! Heidi is very thoughtful and so good at making people feel good. I have always wanted to be one of those people that think of everything and remember what's going on in a persons life. I always want to find ways to make people smile and do something for someone that is having a bad day or just needs a pick-me-up. When it comes down to that moment though, I'm usually so involved in my kids and what they are doing or trying to accomplish what's on my to-do-list that I don't stop to remember the others that are around me.
Heidi is the complete opposite of me and she's everything I'm working to become more like. These flowers stayed in our kitchen for 2 weeks! They are amazing flowers and I so love the purple flowers. My girls kept wanting to take them out and carry one of the flowers around with them wherever they went.
I have to brag a little more about Heidi. When I was on bedrest with Mayci, she came over and got the kids a couple of times and took them out to do something fun with them. One time, she took pictures of the kids and helped them make picture frames out of CD covers. The kids gave the pictures to me along with some flowers when they got home. She's also taken the kids to her house to carve pumpkins and she's taking them again this weekend to do something fun. It's like she the Aunt that we don't have living by us. She emails the boys (& oh how they love to get email from her!) and gives the holiday baskets with so many different holidays. She is such a good friend of ours and we would adopt her in a heartbeat if we could! For now, she's just filling in as Aunt. Thank Heidi for all that you do!

Heidi gave all of the kids an Easter basket with goodies. I didn't get pictures of those since my kids move faster than their mom. They were full of candy and toys. My kids were very spoiled by Heidi! Thank you Heidi. The favorite item in their basket was the bubbles. My girls asked all morning long if they could go out and do the bubbles. It was so cold that I kept putting it off and having the girls do other things before we went out. I finally gave up and went out with them. We had so much fun.

The girls had so much fun with the bubbles. They went through half the bottle of bubbles. They had quite a few big bubbles and the girls couldn't believe that they could make such big bubbles.

Mayci really wanted to be outside with the girls. It was still a little chilly and she wanted to just play with the bubbles in the tray. The older girls weren't in the mood to have Mayci out with them. She just stood there hitting the window and it sounded like she was saying, "Let me out girls!"

Madison was the one the figured out if you hold the wand and turn your body, the bubbles come out better!

I didn't get the really big bubble in this picture. Iwas trying to get Kenzie's face on this one and the bubble at the same time and managed to get barely her face. She was shocked at how big her bubble was. It was fun to see their excitement at something simple- like bubbles! (I really need a good camera!)
This picture was too fun to take. All the kids went outside to play and left their Easter baskets on the table. Mayci managed to get all of them and put them in front of her. She started inspecting all the candy and had so much fun digging through their stuff. She never really took stuff out. She liked the baskets more than she liked the stuff inside of them. After awhile, I dumped all the stuff out of the baskets and let her walk around with the baskets. She was in heaven.
2 comments:
You are too Sweet!! I just love you and your family so much and I am truly happy to have you in my life...I really enjoy just hanging out with the entire family!
Also I can't believe how big those bubbles are...that looks like a ton of fun!
Post a Comment