Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring Break

We didn't do much for our Spring Break this year. You would have thought my kids were going to die before the week was over though. It rained most of the week and was so cold that we didn't get to go do much. We wanted to go to some of the parks and play but we just couldn't get ourselves out of the house. We did have a good day at the end of the week. One day we went to the church with another family and played in the gym. That was fun. I also came home very tired. We played Sharks and something (I can't remember) and Packman tag. Sorry, no pictures from that. We played too hard to stop and take pictures.

Austin had Mayci on the electric bikes we have. She thought it was pretty fun. The girls wanted Mayci to go by herself on it. I told them that someone had to be with her. Mayci couldn't ride the bikes by herself. Then Madison decided she would take her. I told her that wasn't the best idea. It was a hard thing for Madison and Kenzie to understand. They figure that if Mayci can walk, she can do everything else. I told them that we needed to get Mayci potty trained first and then after that, anything is possible!

Austin did lots of reading over Spring Break. He had 2 of his friends leave town for the week and he wan't the most fun to be with that week. He resorted to reading book 4 of the Twilight Saga. He was glad to get all of them finished. Mayci made it hard somedays to get any reading in. She is such a tease at times. She kept all of us laughing and we had fun watching her learn new tricks.

Yes, this is another of our children. Austina!!! This was a bad hair day for her though. I don't know about Austin somedays. He was really bored. Can I just say that? He volunteered to be a model for Madison and let Madison do his hair and dress him up. He even had some heels on. Justin told Austin that he was a brave soul to let us take a picture of him. This will one day be shown to his girlfriends, wife, kids, grandkids. I just love it!


Madison and Mayci did a lot of this during Spring Break. Mayci loves to hang out with the girls and she usually gets put into situations that she isn't really sure about. She loved this though. Madison pushed her around for quite awhile in the basket. Mayci has been loving little dolls and babies. She loves on them and carries them around the house. It's been fun to watch her try and imitate what the older 2 girls do.

Since my boys didn't have ANYBODY to play with, we got quite a few chores done. One of the chores was to clean/organize the office. The boys took all day long to do it but it got done. One of the things they did while they cleaned was create a tower of DVD's. They counted 89 DVD's before it fell over. They were so impressed. They wondered how many it would take to get into the Guiness Book of World Records. I just laughed and took the picture! My creative boys!

No comments: